User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 39

  1. #1
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,486

    Default If you suspected a dupe account...

    If you strongly suspected a member here was a dupe of somebody else, but didn't have any proof, what would you do?

    I was thinking about this , and I think I'd just watch for entertainment purposes even if I were very sure. Is that unethical, and is it important to any degree to actually matter?

  2. #2
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    nothing, i'm not a snitch, and i think people get banned too easily here anyway.

  3. #3
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i completely stay out of such things. it's just not my place and doesn't really effect me in any way.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #4

    Default

    I take it as my duty to report dupes. *salutes the forum banner*
    It was funny the time I reported Lady X as a dupe of EA and claimed Qlip was a dupe of someone with a longer name.

  5. #5
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I take it as my duty to report dupes. *salutes the forum banner*
    It was funny the time I reported Lady X as a dupe of EA and claimed Qlip was a dupe of someone with a longer name.
    Hah, I remeber you mentioning that. It was an INTJ, I believe. That was back when I was a lot more sullen.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    nothing, i'm not a snitch, and i think people get banned too easily here anyway.
    I don't think they get banned here easily, but that's a different topic.

    My experience of some forums is that newbies can be banned over a first post, simply because the mod didn't like it for some arbitrary and unstated reason. The mods on this forum actually put a great deal of thought into it. But what they don't do here (which someone pointed out recently) is post a warning in the middle of a thread to get things calmed down proactively. As a result, they end up with a big mess to clean up in the long run.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #7
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I don't think they get banned here easily, but that's a different topic.

    My experience of some forums is that newbies can be banned over a first post, simply because the mod didn't like it for some arbitrary and unstated reason. The mods on this forum actually put a great deal of thought into it. But what they don't do here (which someone pointed out recently) is post a warning in the middle of a thread to get things calmed down proactively. As a result, they end up with a big mess to clean up in the long run.
    i've only really been an active member of one other forum, and there were anonymous posts just for shit talking, people would leak naked pictures of eachother, post kiddie porn, etc. so i guess i'm just desensitized and really see no issue with calling someone a mean name. that's what ignoring people is for.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i've only really been an active member of one other forum, and there were anonymous posts just for shit talking, people would leak naked pictures of eachother, post kiddie porn, etc.
    Hmm, 4Chan I'm guessing?

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    so i guess i'm just desensitized and really see no issue with calling someone a mean name. that's what ignoring people is for.
    Most people would rather defend their sensitive egoes with verbiage.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #9
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Hmm, 4Chan I'm guessing?



    Most people would rather defend their sensitive egoes with verbiage.
    nah, but it was kinda like 4chan for girls and gay guys. i know this is supposed to be a more serious, educational forum, but it just seems like a waste banning people over little arguments. if you're getting long-term harrassed by someone, that's another story, but it seems like mostly harmless trolling and minor drama which imo makes the forum more entertaining.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    If you strongly suspected a member here was a dupe of somebody else, but didn't have any proof, what would you do?

    I was thinking about this , and I think I'd just watch for entertainment purposes even if I were very sure. Is that unethical, and is it important to any degree to actually matter?


    I know.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 01:58 PM
  2. If you're hungry, this is where you post!
    By rhinosaur in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 08:35 AM
  3. If you had four days to live and had no money in your bank account.....
    By xisnotx in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 09:50 PM
  4. If You Could Write the Fortunes in the Cookies
    By Oberon in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 08:25 PM
  5. If you went to jail...
    By proteanmix in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 09:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO