User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I dont care. even if its someone i hate and i got proofs, i wont do anything. snitching is for idiots who cant understand that their business is their own business and other peoples business is other peoples business. naturally there is always an exception to rule, like if other peoples business is hurting innocent people..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    nah, but it was kinda like 4chan for girls and gay guys. i know this is supposed to be a more serious, educational forum, but it just seems like a waste banning people over little arguments. if you're getting long-term harrassed by someone, that's another story, but it seems like mostly harmless trolling and minor drama which imo makes the forum more entertaining.
    Of course, fighting is more entertaining than learning, and thus the forum survives. If they kicked out all the fighters, nothing would be left after a while.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Of course, fighting is more entertaining than learning, and thus the forum survives. If they kicked out all the fighters, nothing would be left after a while.
    can't watching people fight be educational? especially in a forum where the focus is studying and categorizing people? i think you can learn a lot about someone by watching them get really ugly in an argument, and not having to hold back.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I am of the belief that all of the accounts are dupe accounts of my own making. And that I am having a complicated and convoluted conversation (with multiple styles of writing)with myself due to many sudden onsets of amnesia. Naturally most of the member pictures would be dupes too (another topic of convo; for example I have reliable information that the above fingers don't really belong to INTP and that I am not really a racoon).
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I am of the belief that all of the accounts are dupe accounts of my own making. And that I am having a complicated and convoluted conversation (with multiple styles of writing)with myself due to many sudden onsets of amnesia. Naturally most of the member pictures would be dupes too (another topic of convo; for example I have reliable information that the above fingers don't really belong to INTP).
    I once made up a belief system based off of this sort of idea, I called it Transtemporal Reincarnation

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I once made up a belief system based off of this sort of idea, I called it Transtemporal Reincarnation
    I like the name!
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I don't think your suspected dupe in particular has the personal restraint to not break character.

However I tend to just let these things slide out of curiosity and a desire for entertainment.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    can't watching people fight be educational? especially in a forum where the focus is studying and categorizing people? i think you can learn a lot about someone by watching them get really ugly in an argument, and not having to hold back.
    I've done that. But there are two other issues to consider.

1. A forum can dissolve on the basis of too much fighting.
    2. New members are not encouraged to join the forum and hang around very long because of the fighting.

Luckily, I came along before the hacking incident, at a time when the strong members outnumbered the weak. Immediately after the forum came back online, I witnessed the quality of the posts around here beginning to crumble into dust.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I take it as my duty to report dupes. *salutes the forum banner*
    It was funny the time I reported Lady X as a dupe of EA and claimed Qlip was a dupe of someone with a longer name.
    you did not!! hahaha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    If you strongly suspected a member here was a dupe of somebody else, but didn't have any proof, what would you do?

I was thinking about this , and I think I'd just watch for entertainment purposes even if I were very sure. Is that unethical, and is it important to any degree to actually matter?
    I believe you expressed the thought along with a little idea of whom you suspect recently.