Double post mofos!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Why are you all so worried someone is going to change posting style when becoming a mod? That hasn't been a problem in the past.
    Lol... but you're no longer a mod. It kinda loses clout ...

Or if you are worried, nominate someone shitty and maybe they'd get better.
    Hmmm.... yeah, there we go: "The New Mod Training Probation Program!" Ha.
    That way we could put people on better behavior regiments without giving them vast cosmic power.

Hey, Mac, wanna be our first enrollee?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Why are you all so worried someone is going to change posting style when becoming a mod? That hasn't been a problem in the past.

Or if you are worried, nominate someone shitty and maybe they'd get better.
    Thats a sneaky way to get the nomination. Vote MacG or he will continue to hold the board hostage by continuing his own shitty posting style.

If this was his platform he would get my vote. ;-)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I was a shitty poster as admin, and I will continue to post shit!

Glycerine

So are people actually going to apply? There's not much action.

No worries, I am not going to apply whatsoever.

Ginkgo

No no guys you're doing this wrong. See, you're supposed to vote for @Vasilisa; that's how you win. Don't you want to be winners?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was a shitty poster as admin, and I will continue to post shit!
    You win. I can't really argue with that.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's actually a real concern, tbh.

I know I post more on other sites where I am not a mod, because I'm freer to just post however I would like, without worries about setting a bad precedent (I've always got to be careful what I say), confuse members who are trying to use me as a template, and/or stymie those who would go back through my posts to use as argument fodder if they disagree with a mod decision. It gets tiring at times.
    If we simply get rid of the silly notion that moderators are role models, the problem disappears. If we also encourage the watchmen to watch each other, we ensure a higher degree of equality.

I do see a possible caveat, but to say that moderators are inept to judge other users because they themselves are bad people is always possible. The only difference would be that between an open and a concealed badness.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    If we simply get rid of the silly notion that moderators are role models, the problem disappears.
    How would you propose to make that happen, seriously? (I'm curious.)
    It would certainly be nice... but unlikely.
    It seems typical for anyone in an authority position to be both used as a role model as well as scrutinized as a potential hypocrite.

If we also encourage the watchmen to watch each other, we ensure a higher degree of equality.
    If you're referring to the modbox, that's actually what already happens. There's a lot of checking and balancing going on.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ...those who would go back through my posts to use as argument fodder if they disagree with a mod decision.
    Who would ever do such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    If we simply get rid of the silly notion that moderators are role models, the problem disappears. If we also encourage the watchmen to watch each other, we ensure a higher degree of equality.

I do see a possible caveat, but to say that moderators are inept to judge other users because they themselves are bad people is always possible. The only difference would be that between an open and a concealed badness.
    I don't think it's about whether anyone is a bad person, per se.

It's whether their behavior could be reasonably construed as breaking the forum rules.

I think you straddle that line rather well, but I agree with others that I wouldn't want to see you become more cautious in your approach because you've become a moderator. If we adjust our notion of role model from a goody-two-shoes to someone who's able to tell it like it is without doing something that could reasonably be construed as breaking the forum rules, then I'm sure we'll be fine.