User Tag List

First 1234 Last

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    I solved that problem a LONG time ago. Now I don't even own sheets.
    Disgusting.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Practical notes:

Wash colors in cold water together. Wash whites in hot water together. If you buy new clothes, do a separate wash for them because they will "bleed" onto your other clothes. There are disposable cloths that will "absorb" bleeding colors, but if you wash whites separately you should be OK.

If you add bleach to your laundry to make it more white, make sure you run a rinse load right after before you run any other loads, or you might bleach your clothes accidentally.

If it says dry clean only, you would be better off dry cleaning it. Try not to buy dry clean items if you don't like dry cleaning.

Fold clothes quickly after they come out of the dryer and hang up stuff like cotton t-shirts that get wrinkly. (I never manage this personally, but I've heard it helps).

On how to feel like an adult - that came to me after a great deal of personal suffering. I don't know how it will come to you, but I would hope there would be a better way.

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Disgusting.
    Your face.

Actually, I'm ok with that. My lifestyle choices aren't everyone's cup of tea.

MBTI
    IsFJ

How do you tell when someone is honking at you in traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    How do you tell when someone is honking at you in traffic?
    You check on yourself.

MBTI
    INTP

Before you wreck yourself?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

How to have built in routines to keep on top of the minutia of life that you don't want to waste brain power over . . . that you inevitably waste brain power AND resources over if you don't have a routine. Examples: bill paying, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    How to have built in routines to keep on top of the minutia of life that you don't want to waste brain power over . . . that you inevitably waste brain power AND resources over if you don't have a routine. Examples: bill paying, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc.
    I actually program a lot of that shit (grocery list included!) into my cell phone... some of it is set with alarms to remind me that I need to do stuff. I have to enter it right away or I WILL forget all about it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I actually program a lot of that shit (grocery list included!) into my cell phone... some of it is set with alarms to remind me that I need to do stuff. I have to enter it right away or I WILL forget all about it

I love alarms from my phone, and I never thought of doing that for household routines. The most important one I have is my "go teach class!" alarm. One of these days I'm going to forget to show up for my students.

I don't have the routines yet, I just know that my life would be better if I had them. Right now I have two important things written on the back of either hand. A few days ago I accidentally forgot to transfer nice new bedsheets into the dryer, and they sat wet in the washer and got smelly.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I didn't get several relationship-related memos that most other grownups seem to have received long ago.
    tell me about it....