User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Default I Wish I Was an ????

If you could change personality types, which one would you choose?

I wish I was an ENTJ.

How about you?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

ESTP

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm okay with my type, but have at times wished I were a giraffe.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    If you could change personality types, which one would you choose?

I wish I was an ENTJ.

How about you?

I am not sure if we can talk about changing our type meaningfully. If we were a different type we would have a very different self-image and different needs, so at best we can achieve qualities of character that many ENTJs have, yet 'becoming' ENTJs isnt a good idea because then we would have a whole new scene in front of us and achieving those goals will not be important because we then will be taking those qualities for granted.

Its basically like saying that we wish God made 2+2 equal to 5... yet not realizing that if he were to do this... many other things would change also the whole ebb flow of the universe would be radically altered... even the most basic things that we now take for granted... something very similar to this should happen in the event of us successfully changing temperament(as temperament has its seat at our unconscious mind that drives all of our thoughts and actions)

So I guess my point is that a better question to ask is not what type you'd rather be... but 'what type's salient positive qualities do you wish you had?'.

So what is it about the ENTJ qualities that you admire..perhaps even to the point of having them replace those of your INTP type's? But again... I dont think thats realistic because our perspective would be radically different then and having those ENTJ qualities wont be as satisfying... 'the grass isnt always greener on the other side'..
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    So I guess my point is . . .
    obvious.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    obvious.

In just one sentence:the grass is not always greener on the other side. Yet concerning the OP, we should say that ENTPs report experiencing the lowest amount of stress of all types.

I think this is because of their skills with the Ne... which allows for them to focus on the big picture and live in the future... little setbacks of life shouldnt perturb you as much if you live that way...and in general Ts tend to be slightly(though not significantly) less stressed than Fs because they tend to be more autonomous... especially NTs... ENTPs dont necessarily tend to be happier than other types... yet they are clearly the happy go lucky type...

So definitely would be a good idea for INTPs to work on acquiring the ENTP qualities.. by developing Ne...you then become more fulfilled not by trying to be like an ENTP... but by developing another aspect of your temperament which will help you build a more sound personality... so again... I advise against trying to be some other type and only when appropriate trying to cultivate the qualities that they have only within the faculties of your type..
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Technically, "you" can't be "not you". But if I could take a miracle med that altered some of my motivations, etc. ...

I might like to be a little more J and a little less P at times. It would be nice to at least occasionally see some of these ideas and inspirations realized. But there's a lot of value in my P nature, and I wouldn't want to lose that. What I'd like is the option to selectively switch to J at my discretion. As for I, N, and T, I have no desire to change any of those.

I guess what I'd really like to be is an INTP who wasn't tired all the time. Do they make those?
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

ISFJ
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    ISFJ
    INFJ

Seriously. Out of all the types I might be, that's the one I'd most like to be. But I think I'm probably closer to ISFJ. Today.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

NF: INFP
    NT: ENTP
    SP: ISTP
    SJ: ESTJ
    They each have a trait or two that I somewhat envy.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**