User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INXP

I wish I was an XNTP.
    Let's do this thing.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm really surprised I didn't see this and post here..so here I go...
    I think I'm quite content being who I am. I'm not strong anything except extremely strong N and pretty strong F. My I/E and J/P preferences are almost balanced. So I'm pretty much every Idealist..what more could a girl ask for! (haha) BUT if I had to change I suppose I'd want my F/T to be closer. I recently made nice with a lovely ENTP female. I definately think we'll grow into being good friends...she's fantastic..and the first ENTP I've met as well as only the second female rational I know irl! So perhaps an ENTP if I HAD to change.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    As would being able to network more easily. Although now I feel I'm getting away from the MBTI I/E distinction.
    Yeah. The networking thing kills me. It's something that I should be doing now, and know I'll have to do in the future, especially in my field (politics/policy), but I can't. I just cannot network. Although I agree that I'm not sure if that is an MBTI I/E sort of thing.

But ESTPs seem great at networking. I'd like to magically turn into one when I'm forced to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Yeah. The networking thing kills me. It's something that I should be doing now, and know I'll have to do in the future, especially in my field (politics/policy)
    Heh, I also work in policy. Technically it's a doddle...it's just a shame that it has to involve people. Certainly something that's going to take a lot of effort to change methinks.

I'm sure that there are I's with great interpersonal/networking skills, since all the type indicates is a preference for 'recharging' through personal reflection rather than a pathological hatred of being forced to mix with other people. Anyone have any tips?
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I'm happy being an INTP - better question in my case probably is which type other people would prefer me to be.

INTJ husband: INTJ
    INTx father: ENTx
    ENFJ mother: ExFx
    ESFP brother: ESFJ
    INFJ brother: ENFJ

E followed by J and F seem to be biggest on people's wish list.
    But *I* want you to be YOU.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think I would like to be an ESTP, even though it seems rather rare for a (semi)straight female. They seem to have so much fun.

I don't mind being INTP though.

MBTI
    INTP

I used to think being an ENTP would be cool because it'd be just like me only more friends and more creative ideas but then we had this Myers Briggs workshop at work. I had no idea how little these people actually accomplish, especially if you put them together in a group. I couldn't stand being any less productive than I am.

Since I was the only INTP there, I was put in a group with ENTJs. Man, those people moved! I'd love to get more stuff done throughout the day and week. I'm not going to say they don't miss things by jumping at the first available answer but being on time and under budget for just about everything you do in life would really take you far. Plus once you get a fully head of steam going you really don't notice all the people you steamroller along the way.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Im quite happy with being the champion of relationships and yadda yadda...
    SDMF

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spartan26 View Post
    I used to think being an ENTP would be cool because it'd be just like me only more friends and more creative ideas but then we had this Myers Briggs workshop at work. I had no idea how little these people actually accomplish, especially if you put them together in a group. I couldn't stand being any less productive than I am.

Since I was the only INTP there, I was put in a group with ENTJs. Man, those people moved! I'd love to get more stuff done throughout the day and week. I'm not going to say they don't miss things by jumping at the first available answer but being on time and under budget for just about everything you do in life would really take you far. Plus once you get a fully head of steam going you really don't notice all the people you steamroller along the way.

More creative ideas because a stronger Intuition?--Yes.

More Friends because of E--Yes... but that doesnt mean that you'd value them any more as an ENTP... you'd take them for granted simply because you'd make them easily and you probably would need them a lot more than you do as an INTP..

How about less analytical because of a weaker Ti?

Less depth because less opportunities to spend on introspection and quiet analysis of the few ideas that you take in, and whats more being overwhelmed by all of those ideas that flow in and not having your Ti strong enough to handle them?

My opinion still stays. The grass is not always greener on the other side. We may long for qualities that other types have, but if we were to actually become their type we'd doubtlessly take those qualities for granted. ENTPs experience less stress than all other types because they adapt very well, but this certainly does not mean that they are the happiest. Being able to adapt so well and carry on an epicurish, carefree lifestyle can cause you difficulties with many problems that other--more serious, and more stressed types like INTP could easily overcome.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Riva

Is it possible to change your type?