User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 112

  1. #41
    Senior Member Noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    613

    Default

    xNxP

    In this case, I perceive each "x" as balanced. If I ultimately had to choose, I'd go with INFP. I'm becoming more comfortable being an INFP.

  2. #42
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    INFP, only a bit more organized, and with 1337 people skills... and superpowers in general, a time stopping device and the ability to selectively forget experiences so as to be able to experience them again for the very first time... like reading my favourite book more than once and get the same kick from it time after time.
    ENFJ?
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  3. #43
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    i'd like to be..more J maybe. i dunno. i'm okay with who i am.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  4. #44
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    INFJ.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  5. #45
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    I can't say I wish I was anything else. It would be interesting to understand visual art and poetry for one day, or maybe be an INTP, but other than that...

    I also find ENFPs really curious, especially the ones here. Such perpetual optimism and outgoingness might be fun to try for a day.

    If you can't tell, I'm indecisive on this.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Dansker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    341

    Default

    I'm happy as an INTP, but I had to have another type:

    1. ENTJ - They're good with people, they get things done and always seem to have a plan.

    2. INTJ - If I was an INTJ, I'm sure I'd bring less work home with me at night. I'd get it done during the day because I wouldn't be procrastinating.

    3. ISTP - I like their casual and laid back approach, and their ability to live right in the present moment.

  7. #47
    Senior Member logan235711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I am not sure if we can talk about changing our type meaningfully. If we were a different type we would have a very different self-image and different needs, so at best we can achieve qualities of character that many ENTJs have, yet 'becoming' ENTJs isnt a good idea because then we would have a whole new scene in front of us and achieving those goals will not be important because we then will be taking those qualities for granted.
    I don't see anything wrong with doing this : ) Maybe you are afraid of changing because you are worried about what you might hold important and not-important as the changes creep up on you? That's a lot of times how it is, we don't really recognize what is happening until many things bombard us at once or we are already there : )

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Its basically like saying that we wish God made 2+2 equal to 5... yet not realizing that if he were to do this... many other things would change also the whole ebb flow of the universe would be radically altered... even the most basic things that we now take for granted... something very similar to this should happen in the event of us successfully changing temperament(as temperament has its seat at our unconscious mind that drives all of our "thoughts and actions)[SNIPPERS]
    hmm, well you say a lot of funky things here, but overall there shouldn't be any reasons why you can't maintain a mental list of things you would like to keep while you change and thus as your mind moves into performing as another type you are still doing those things, just in the light as another type would handle them...But isn't that exactly the point of changing type? I don't see anything wrong with this as well :p

    I think Haight's initial question is good (though its obvious that your giving this some thought, so good jobbo! keep it up!) : )

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I hope you were kidding... you thend would be utterly bereft of many merits that you get with your IN and tertiary Ti.. ESFJs tend to have a difficult time building a sound inner identity which is paramount to INFJs..

    Oh and as far as the ESFJ need for approval is concerned and how they get it more than INFJs (because they are so conventional and their Fe is stronger.. the stronger your extroverted judgment... the weaker your introverted judgment and the weaker your introverted judgment... the more difficult of a time you will have keeping long term individualistic goals in perspective.. and the more of a difficult time you will have finding meaning in your life)..ESFJs have a deep need to belong yet are rejected oftenly (more implicitly than explicitly) because they have competence issues...

    Now... for a feeler... that has to be a horrible position to be in...

    And many ESFJs long for acceptance and deem fitting in as their paramount goal and no matter how hard they try... they never seem to get the amount of appreciation and acceptance that they long for... they also have materialism issues... but never mind all of that... the biggest challenge for ESFJs (like many superior Extroverted Judgment types) is finding a sense of inner meaning.. and their conventional ways make it difficult for them to grasp complexities... and this is one thing that INFJs do very well..(INFJs.. as they have Introverted Judgment only in the third position may have somewhat of a difficult time finding an inner purpose that they can stick to... but significantly less of a difficult time than ESFJs are likely to encounter)
    lol calm down! try not to bash other types so much here : ) this is MBTI so we should welcome everyone : ) What's even funnier is as you said, you can't really know what comes from being another type until you are (that is to say) so you can't really say they don't have:

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    [SNIP]
    Though I do think that you need Introverted Judgment in order to have a clear-sense of purpose in life...or at least a solid internal vision (Ni)... ESFJs lack both of them... they'd have to make an effort to develop their Si in order to be more in tune with those entities because in the long run they are essential.. whereas they may not appear to be so on the small scale of everyday activities that ESFJs tend to excell in.
    I've know plenty of ESFJs and even people who are not like me who seem to have a clear focus on "purpose" in life. All it comes down to is how they approach coming to that conclusion, but to say they have less or more, or some quantifying touch, is a funny things to conclude in it's own

    Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I'm not sure if I want to be stick as another type... "grass always looks greener on the other side". There'll be some good points being another type but probably just a many not so great ones that you haven't thought about.

    That being said, I wouldn't mind trying out an NT perspective... perhaps INTJ or ENTP. It'll be nice to not give a damn about people's opinions for once.
    Ouch!! :"( INTJs care they just have a very well-defined glass in which to peer to filter what seems to be important towards whichever goal they desire : ) In otherword, if I want X goal, then as an INTJ I know I need to do Y things. Anything that is not in those Y things will hinder my reaching that goal. So minimize non-Y things if possible : ) Oh wait! but crap!! I have some V goal that I know I need to do some W things for, and some M goal with some N things, etc. and at one point the Y/W/N/blah things are interferring with each other, what do I do to clear them up again!?!!? And an INTJ will probably be good at that too : ) Nevertheless, what blah-goal an INTJ sets to do in, is where a lot of the creativity comes from (i.e. it is in the act of choosing which goal to pursue and why based off of what prior goals one has done and know what blah-things tend to interfere with other blah-things that an INTJ will gain insight into deciding a good goal to pursue--but choosing some blah-goal that an INTJ isn't at all familiar with the blah-things is where a lot of older INTJs can get hung up, so caught up in doing what they know that outside of that, if done by a long leap, they will not desire to jump into all that often : ).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dansker View Post
    I'm happy as an INTP, but I had to have another type:

    1. ENTJ - They're good with people, they get things done and always seem to have a plan.

    2. INTJ - If I was an INTJ, I'm sure I'd bring less work home with me at night. I'd get it done during the day because I wouldn't be procrastinating.

    3. ISTP - I like their casual and laid back approach, and their ability to live right in the present moment.
    lol I wish that was how I was : (

    Hmm so what type would I like to be!? well I would like to be no type! a type that uses every other types abilities at any moment of conscious choice but if I have to choose some existing type *ssssssiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh* then I guess I'd choose a....

    estp so I can understand spontaneouty better while observing my environment and the subtlties of people's motivation via an S environment
    or
    esfj so maybe I can be more of a people person for the general Ss : )

  8. #48
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    To chenge your type means basically to change many,if not all of the unconscious tendencies that have been driving you all along. So again, the grass is not always greener on the other side as it appears to be and I doubt we could talk meaningfully about changing types.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  9. #49
    Senior Member Dansker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    To chenge your type means basically to change many,if not all of the unconscious tendencies that have been driving you all along. So again, the grass is not always greener on the other side as it appears to be and I doubt we could talk meaningfully about changing types.
    I certainly don't wish to be any other type other than an INTP. I like who I am, I am comfortable with who I am and the way that I operate in the world.

    I gave my responses with the assumption that the question in the original post was hypothetical. I chose three alternate types based on things I like about those types, but it doesn't mean that I necessarily want to change my type and be anything other than the person that I am.

  10. #50
    Senior Member logan235711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    To chenge your type means basically to change many,if not all of the unconscious tendencies that have been driving you all along. So again, the grass is not always greener on the other side as it appears to be and I doubt we could talk meaningfully about changing types.
    ^ LAWL

    I like you, you're funny

Similar Threads

  1. Oh I wish I wish I was an I :(
    By Amethyst in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 11:46 PM
  2. Times you wish you were an extrovert.
    By colmena in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 04:47 PM
  3. Used to think I was an INTP
    By Kleinheiko in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 08:09 PM
  4. I Wish I Was In Dixie!!!
    By ByMySword in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 02:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO