First 23456 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Yeah this does seem like rather mystical place haha. Forgive me if I appear like I'm trying to make it boring, I do like the feel here even if its more relaxation than "work".

It just confuses me that people get all serious about typing but they not really seriousness or know what they doing because they don't bring in Se. It's crucial in typing and I think it's arrogant of non-Se types to not see that or appreciate it.

Where can I find such a place on the internet? That's all I want to do is just have debates about typing with skilled, grounded people.

I realize that's rather focused, and not what this place is about but am I going to need to create my own place for that?

I looked at INTJForum and those guys are just insane, half of them aren't INTJ's (including the founder Jezebel) at all. Yet they think they are.

INTPC was like a morgue.

Also posted a bit on PersonalityCafe, still trying to get a handle on that vs here. Thoughts?

There are some awesome Se people here that you can talk to, we've had a million years behind us of talking about Se. I don't think you're going to find them in heavy duty doses all over the internet though. I think the lack on here is with the SJ's.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    There are some awesome Se people here that you can talk to, we've had a million years behind us of talking about Se. I don't think you're going to find them in heavy duty doses all over the internet though. I think the lack on here is with the SJ's.
    Oh thanks I do chat to plenty Se's IRL. The issue is that none of them are into typing. :P

My real life club of ENTJ INTP and INTJ is working quite well, but run out of people to type. (80 at the moment).

I know it's a bit strange to view it as a "sport" but I find it very useful in business and relationships etc, being able to size up someone's type accurately and quickly is a huge advantage in negotiation for example.

So any Se's you know here that are into typing?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Oh thanks I do chat to plenty Se's IRL. The issue is that none of them are into typing. :P

My real life club of ENTJ INTP and INTJ is working quite well, but run out of people to type. (80 at the moment).

I know it's a bit strange to view it as a "sport" but I find it very useful in business and relationships etc, being able to size up someone's type accurately and quickly is a huge advantage in negotiation for example.

So any Se's you know here that are into typing?
    Well, everyone in here is into typing- if you look in Se house, you will find them all- their blogs are in there too.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Well, everyone in here is into typing- if you look in Se house, you will find them all- their blogs are in there too.
    What do you mean by "into typing"?. I mean actually typing people vs discussing too much theory. (Don't get me wrong I like theory, but only if its applied or has utility).

But thanks I'll check it out.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Too much theory and too little common sense.
    Amen.

Can anyone give me a counter example?
    My prime counterexample are the number of Se types who mistype as Ns. Se is more likely to mistype as an iNtuitive type because the way the Keirsey/MBTI type tests are worded make Sensing sound skewed toward Si.

So there are probably a bunch of Se types running around saying they're NPs, most likely...maybe a couple of pseudo-INFJs are SPs as well...however, I think ISPs are more likely to do this as ESPs, but not even necessarily. There's a very strange tendency for ESTPs to think they are ENTJs, and ESFPs can think they're "earthy" ENFPs (like I did).

Personality Cafe is full of SPs who like to engage in type discussions, FTR.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Mods, can you please move this thread to where it should go? Bonfire is as good as anywhere I imagine.

After all, it's impolite to let this continue - our new person is unaware of previous forum dynamics or technicalities of thread placement.

Thanks.
    Like I keep telling you -- your Te is officially better than mine! I am eternally impressed by it.
    Right I agree 100%. But I find it interesting that many here do not think about this. And make statements of fact within side the bubble.
    Maybe it's because I'm part of the very small Sensor minority on the forum, but I find that the people on the forum that I hang around with tend to talk about it on a pretty regular basis. e.g. the fact that the majority of the forum is of a type that is supposedly about 1% of the population (which is an ancient statistic that we probably shouldn't rely on anymore; although I'm biased because e.g. I know more INFJ women than ESFJ women, and supposedly ESFJ is the most common female type).
    And yes, we welcome outsider opinion much easier than we did when I first started here.
    !
    It helps that a lot of our more closed-minded forum members either were banned or left out of boredom. (for example, one bit of forum excitement that you should be glad that you missed was when an NT named Solitary Walker decided that NTs were a more "highly evolved" species than Sensors. Thankfully we don't see that BS here anymore!)
    Where can I find such a place on the internet? That's all I want to do is just have debates about typing with skilled, grounded people.

I realize that's rather focused, and not what this place is about but am I going to need to create my own place for that?
    I don't think there's a personality forum that is frequented by mostly SPs. I think it would be pretty tricky to make one. But I also think that, if you hang out with the right people on this forum, you can get excellent, grounded discussion. How else could I have stayed around here for the many years that I've stayed here? If it was entirely philosophical bullshit that's irrelevant to everyday life, I would have taken one look at the place and gone "Screw this."
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    It helps that a lot of our more closed-minded forum members either were banned or left out of boredom. (for example, one bit of forum excitement that you should be glad that you missed was when an NT named Solitary Walker decided that NTs were a more "highly evolved" species than Sensors.
    Hahaha oh my goodness. That sounds like runaway crazy Ni to me. Probably a young kid. Sure Ni is great and all when it works well at navigating the future, but it can become ungrounded. Which is why I put so much emphasis on Se and Te to make sure it doesn't happen to me. I'm rather anal about trying to be as realistic as possible, often to the annoyance of others

It's very interesting that you are an ESTJ BTW with 2000+ posts as well. Quite unusual. I will check you out (if you don't mind)

Also that reminds me Te is also under-represented here. Te and Se.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Hahaha oh my goodness. That sounds like runaway crazy Ni to me. Probably a young kid. Sure Ni is great and all when it works well at navigating the future, but it can become ungrounded. Which is why I put so much emphasis on Se and Te to make sure it doesn't happen to me. I'm rather anal about trying to be as realistic as possible, often to the annoyance of others
    Good for you! I'm all for annoying pragmatism. That's how I roll.
    It's very interesting that you are an ESTJ BTW with 2000+ posts as well. Quite unusual. I will check you out (if you don't mind)
    I don't mind! Check out the link in my signature.

Also, to be fair, my 2000 posts have been over the span of about 3 years, so it's not as impressive as it looks.
    Also that reminds me Te is also under-represented here. Te and Se.
    I dunno. There are a ton of ENTJs here. So I'd say Se and Si.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Good for you! I'm all for annoying pragmatism. That's how I roll.

I don't mind! Check out the link in my signature.

Also, to be fair, my 2000 posts have been over the span of about 3 years, so it's not as impressive as it looks.
    Cool!

I dunno. There are a ton of ENTJs here. So I'd say Se and Si.
    "ENTJ"'s or ENTJ's? For example I came across FDG and he doesn't seem at all like an ENTJ at all. Be that as it may, I'll keep the possibility open and investigate the matter.

From a Te POV what I would like to know is what everyone thinks the percentage of people mistyping themselves is?
    I find it curious that this issue is not become more central.

For me it seems a logical first step before you can go onto typing other people. Thoughts?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

"ENTJ"'s or ENTJ's? For example I came across FDG and he doesn't seem at all like an ENTJ at all. Be that as it may, I'll keep the possibility open and investigate the matter.
    I don't know FDG enough to say one way or another, but some of the most prominent forum members are ENTJs. Two very good examples are ThatGirl and DiscoBiscuit.
    From a Te POV what I would like to know is what everyone thinks the percentage of people mistyping themselves is?
    I find it curious that this issue is not become more central.
    It's interesting, how that works. The issue pops up a lot around here, but not in any centralized location. The types of several members -- e.g. Marmie Dearest and Little Linguist -- have been the subject of intense debate, much of which was not initiated by the "mistyped" person.
    For me it seems a logical first step before you can go onto typing other people. Thoughts?
    I'm not entirely sure if they're mutually exclusive. I agree with you, that one of the issues with this forum is the fact that people take other people's self-typing at face value and don't really question it. (I'm guilty of this too.) But sometimes people are very good at analyzing others, and not good at analyzing themselves. I used to be like that, so I know.

Welcome to the forum, btw!