User Tag List

First 12345 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

moved to...yeah, bonfire.

I'm not going to comment on the OP since it's a little vague for me, but carry on.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    ^ it's not bad to ask questions, not at all.

I am assuming Jennifer was serious though about moving the thread to where it would get more response.

And some folks are enjoying some inside jokes here that you're not aware of, that's all.

Welcome, btw, to our collective craziness.
    Haha ok. I see. Yes, I saw the word bonfire and thought I was going to be burned at the stake!

:P

I welcome it being deposited anywhere that's appropriate for engagement on the topic.

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    moved to...yeah, bonfire.

I'm not going to comment on the OP since it's a little vague for me, but carry on.
    Does the percentage of types here skew things vs the real world?

You are Se so let me ask you. Is there appropriate amounts of Se on this forum? By appropriate I mean does it match the levels of Se in the real world, and if not, could that lead to a "bubble" scenario?

The reason is I've noticed it's happened on other forums where things get ... I dunno freaky? :P (for lack of a better word)

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Sorry by bubbles I mean this:

http://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser...r_bubbles.html

Great Ted Talk by Eli Pariser.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Does the percentage of types here skew things vs the real world?

You are Se so let me ask you. Is there appropriate amounts of Se on this forum? By appropriate I mean does it match the levels of Se in the real world, and if not, could that lead to a "bubble" scenario?

The reason is I've noticed it's happened on other forums where things get ... I dunno freaky? :P (for lack of a better word)
    Of course it's skewed - it'd be hard for it not to be, if not for this reason than for some other one(s). Yes, the numbers of Se-dominant and auxiliary (or Si to an even greater degree) users, as well as non-ENxP extroverts, are much lower here than in the "real world" (estimation of course, but I'd be surprised to be wrong). Certainly far fewer SJs than the real world. It's much less skewed now than it was in the early days of the forum, though. It caused more problems back then but now I think there isn't much conflict between Ss and Ns on the forum. Sometimes it would be nice to have a few more S-oriented perspectives on things, but what are ya gonna do? The forum population is defined entirely by the people who want to A) sign up and B) stick around.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Of course it's skewed - it'd be hard for it not to be, if not for this reason than for some other one(s). Yes, the numbers of Se-dominant and auxiliary (or Si to an even greater degree) users, as well as non-ENxP extroverts, are much lower here than in the "real world" (estimation of course, but I'd be surprised to be wrong). Certainly far fewer SJs than the real world. It's much less skewed now than it was in the early days of the forum, though. It caused more problems back then but now I think there isn't much conflict between Ss and Ns on the forum. Sometimes it would be nice to have a few more S-oriented perspectives on things, but what are ya gonna do? The forum population is defined entirely by the people who want to A) sign up and B) stick around.
    Right I agree 100%. But I find it interesting that many here do not think about this. And make statements of fact within side the bubble.

I think Se is definitely needed. Keeps things grounded. But I agree what tends to happen is Fe, Ne and Ti dominate online MBTI communities. So this in my opinion is going to cause serious information bubbles to occur. Too much theory and too little common sense.

Can anyone give me a counter example?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Right I agree 100%. But I find it interesting that many here do not think about this. And make statements of fact within side the bubble.

I think Se is definitely needed. Keeps things grounded. But I agree what tends to happen is Fe, Ne and Ti dominate online MBTI communities. So this in my opinion is going to cause serious information bubbles to occur. Too much theory and too little common sense.

Can anyone give me a counter example?
    Well, actually, this has been brought up many many times- the lack of balance from the real world. I think that's why it is nice for some people though, it's a world unto itself, tipped in the way that members here prefer.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Does this community introspect on itself?

Eg are we insular? How could we measure that? Does the percentage of types here skew things vs the real world?

Do we think that can affect things? If so how etc

Do we welcome dissent and outsider opinion? (asking as an outsider myself)
    And yes, we welcome outsider opinion much easier than we did when I first started here.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Well, actually, this has been brought up many many times- the lack of balance from the real world. I think that's why it is nice for some people though, it's a world unto itself, tipped in the way that members here prefer.
    Yeah this does seem like rather mystical place haha. Forgive me if I appear like I'm trying to make it boring, I do like the feel here even if its more relaxation than "work".

It just confuses me that people get all serious about typing but they not really seriousness or know what they doing because they don't bring in Se. It's crucial in typing and I think it's arrogant of non-Se types to not see that or appreciate it.

Where can I find such a place on the internet? That's all I want to do is just have debates about typing with skilled, grounded people.

I realize that's rather focused, and not what this place is about but am I going to need to create my own place for that?

I looked at INTJForum and those guys are just insane, half of them aren't INTJ's (including the founder Jezebel) at all. Yet they think they are.

INTPC was like a morgue.

Also posted a bit on PersonalityCafe, still trying to get a handle on that vs here. Thoughts?

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    And yes, we welcome outsider opinion much easier than we did when I first started here.
    Cool. Yeah you seem to be doing a good job