User Tag List

123 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Default Memorable childhood dreams/nightmares.

Lets keep'em short people.

Recurring nightmare, being smothered in some way. Can't breathe.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

As a kid I remember seeing an old (non-animated) version of Beauty and the Beast where the beast had a boar's face and it terrified me in repeated dreams. Maybe thats one of the reasons why police make me nervous
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

figsfiggyfigs

Old lady sitting outside my window, hair over her face, dressed in dirty white. Her dress was old and worn. She was always holding a skull with red eyes, and a bloody knife in the other, she would drop as she screamed, then ran off in the distance. --Reoccurring.

Rabid raccoons/dogs, foaming, sometimes glowing eyes, attacking me or my family members.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Oh, this is fun.

The Count from Seasame Street wanting to chew off my toes that were sticking outside of my blanket at night.
    Recurring dream about a dwarf (little person) that would show up and threaten me.
    This is not a dream, but for several years I would hear the theme from The Electric Company as I woke up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Although more in my teens than childhood is the dream of the violent Yuppies on PCP trying to kill me
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Y'all got some scary things from childhood going.

Me? Had a dream where the little green squeaky alien things from Toy Story took me in a UFO and shipped me to Jupiter. Of course, Jupiter is a gaseous planet, so when they dumped me, I kept falling in space, indefinitely.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I actually did have the naked at school dream once or twice when I was at primary school, it usually involved hiding in a toilet and a fear which I couldnt understand at the time but which in retrospect I suspect was actually a fear of rape, at the time it was a vague fear that being naked made you vulnerable to more than just embarrassment.

Loads of nightmares about Satan and demonic possession, that family members were not really family members but Satan in disguise, I remember one in which stabbing him in the back with a spoon (this is a reference to the movie Darby O'Gill and The Little People, would you believe, which terrified me) revealed him as himself (by his mouth changing from being horizontal across his face to vertical, which is a reference to and idea I picked up someplace that the devil could not appear as a normal person or thing). I was also terrified by the prospect that Satan was using the dreams to try and possess me or make his way into the real world, specifically by tricking me into agreeing to help him, like "could you open that door for me" or "pass me that salt shaker" then on the double take "Wow, that's not dad, that's a terribly ugly hell spawn thing WTF! Oh, Oh!".

A terrifying dream, and experience, that my parents had been kidnapped or killed by the alien from This Island Earth or something like it (think the alien which does the news in Futurama maybe), when I woke up I discovered my parents were out and we were being babysat but I honestly believed that discovering their bed unoccuppied that my dream had been reality.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Although more in my teens than childhood is the dream of the violent Yuppies on PCP trying to kill me
    I'd that dream too!! Although I was as scared or more scared of my parents being killed. Leaving me in the care of who knows who.