User Tag List

First 12

Thread: No Intro Page

I did. I don't care if people do or not. I'm surprised others do.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Why would I bother? It's a weird, unnecessary attempt at social grace. It's not like people walking into a party. No one needs to introduce themselves. No one is expected to introduce themselves.
    Fairly close to the above. ^^^

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I never did an intro page. It never even occurred to me to do one. I think I was just interested in the discussions and .
    I doubt if people read intro pages very much.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i didn't do one...i think they're stupid really.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I did an intro post on this forum but if there was no separate forum for introductions, I probably wouldn't have done one.

Some forums I have made intro posts and some I haven't. It depends on how common those sorts of posts are and whether or not they are likely to even be read.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I post an intro if there's a space available for that. I get this irrational sense of awkwardness just jumping in to the forum (especially if it's been around awhile and there are all these regulars who are familiar with each other), so I feel the need for some designated space to say 'Uh..yeah. Hi. I'll be hanging around here now 'kay?'`

This is all in spite of the fact that I don't get much out of them from the other side. I don't read them unless a title particularly catches my eye, I don't reply to them unless I have something to say (besides 'hi' or 'welcome'), and I don't find them all that interesting for the most part. Many people make intro threads and don't stick around long, so I don't pay much attention to them. When a poster catches my attention it's usually after they've stuck around awhile and made contributions to discussions that I've noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I don't remember if I did, but I usually don't. I don't usually read intro threads.
    I remember you did reply to mine.

ReflecTcelfeR

I dived in... Whether I shouldn't have or not I cannot tell. I just kind of placed myself here and dug a spot.