User Tag List

View Poll Results: how many people do you speak to IRL on an average day?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 or less

43 55.84%
  • 11-20

17 22.08%
  • 21-30

7 9.09%
  • 31-40

1 1.30%
  • 41-50

3 3.90%
  • 51-60

1 1.30%
  • 61-70

0 0%
  • 71-80

1 1.30%
  • 81-90

0 0%
  • 91+

4 5.19%
First 7891011 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    I didn't say you have no clue about a theoretical approach, merely that you appear to be devaluing it to some extent. Patronising people who DO prefer it is not the epitome of classy either.
    I'm reacting to being called classless... and you really didn't read my other post earlier where I explained that I wasn't even looking at theory based things in the first place really anyways... how many threads around here are bitching that humanity sucks just because the person ran across one or two people who they didn't get along with?

both sides are being patronizing, you just decided to take the other one, so no, you don't need to defend poor outsider against mean and cruel whatever... he'd being just as much of an asshole himself
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    It kind of sucks that the way I expressed myself became an issue, and I regret not expressing myself differently.
    I'm not calling you anything, I was only addressing the post. So if anything is classless, it's the bit that I quoted, not you. But that was an unfortunate choice of a word in the first place.
    perhaps asking deeper questions would have been a wiser choice than passing judgement there
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I usually keep talking until I get bored with the fact that it's a monologue, and then I wander off
    You sound like a insane person. Stop infringing on other people's time and space. Do you also just walk into people's houses and drop a deuce into their toilet?

you missed my other post, where I actually mentioned that I talk to people for a living... in a job where I have to find out what makes them tick or I won't succeed in the least... however, theory is pointless if you can't even be bothered to test it out and see if it IS true or not... where's the sense of curiosity and doubt?
    Selling people stuff is hardly any better in the anecdotal department than only interacting with 3 people á day, because you're only talking to those people with one thing in mind: "Sell, sell, sell." It's a hugely biased source of "evidence".

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

perhaps asking deeper questions would have been a wiser choice than passing judgement there
    It's your OP that's judgmental.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    You sound like a insane person. Stop infringing on other people's time and space. Do you also just walk into people's houses and drop a deuce into their toilet?
    most people are happy to interact... and no, like a vampire I have to be invited inside

Selling people stuff is hardly any better in the anecdotal department than only interacting with 3 people á day.
    that's where you're getting very, very wrong... how else are you going to get to see people's decision making processes on a very regular basis? researchers don't get NEARLY as hands on of a view of what makes people decide!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

then quit bitching about my phrasing if you don't want people to bitch about yours... to do otherwise is a bit hypocritical!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

then quit bitching about my phrasing if you don't want people to bitch about yours... to do otherwise is a bit hypocritical!
    Bitch all you want. My issue isn't with your phrasing, it's with what you're saying.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Bitch all you want. My issue isn't your phrasing, it's what you're saying.
    I don't think that I need your permission to do so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Zero. I ward off potential intruders of my personal space with my menacing scowl.
    "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Taking grand scale studies and trying to identify patterns amongst groups is non-judgmental. Sometimes the wording on this site takes all the readings and tries to apply them to situations where they don't apply, because we're talking about humans, they are not going to be the same- and that's where it gets judgmental, especially if the "offender" (for lack of a better word) isn't exactly familiar with humans on a personal level. Both sides of the coin have value.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.