User Tag List

View Poll Results: how many people do you speak to IRL on an average day?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 or less

43 55.84%
  • 11-20

17 22.08%
  • 21-30

7 9.09%
  • 31-40

1 1.30%
  • 41-50

3 3.90%
  • 51-60

1 1.30%
  • 61-70

0 0%
  • 71-80

1 1.30%
  • 81-90

0 0%
  • 91+

4 5.19%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Ha, you caught the post before I deleted it.

My issue is not with whatever's preference. It's with the way it is presented.
    I didn't see a problem with it- I've thought the same thing many many times, she just said it out loud. Not that I'm the authority though- where do you think the issue is, here? We can't all be classy like you.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    mostly something like "how the fuck are you making such ridiculous generalizations about people when you don't even KNOW people"

just started a poll for some food for thought...

and I've NEVER claimed to be classy
    You are pretty full of yourself if you believe that talking to random people in the grocery line gives you a more valid insight into human nature than does theoretical knowledge on the matter.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I didn't see a problem with it- I've thought the same thing many many times, she just said it out loud. Not that I'm the authority though- where do you think the issue is, here? We can't all be classy like you.
    I am not classy. I just thought I'd bring out the insult in the OP since everyone else seemed to miss it.

If you wanted an insight into human nature in the grocery line, I'd be checking their baskets.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    If you wanted an insight into human nature in the grocery line, I'd be checking their baskets.
    OMGZ I AGREE WITH THIS!!!!

I've always loved to watch people's groceries. I've worked in several grocery stores, and I've also wondered how my groceries make me look to other people.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Lol! No kidding - you can learn a lot about a person from that!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

You are pretty full of yourself if you believe that talking to random people in the grocery line gives you a more valid insight into human nature than does theoretical knowledge on the matter.
    you missed my other post, where I actually mentioned that I talk to people for a living... in a job where I have to find out what makes them tick or I won't succeed in the least... however, theory is pointless if you can't even be bothered to test it out and see if it IS true or not... where's the sense of curiosity and doubt?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

SOO not true!!!!! What do you think about people who buy kraft macaroni in some short shorts and a mullet vs. people who drive Audis and buy organic bananas? What if they had both in their cart, had the kraft macaroni haircut and the organic banana car? Now THAT'S a mind trip. Combine that with a conversation about the local sports team or the weird employee that you saw in aisle 3, and you have a whole human experience to think about when you get home. Multiply that interaction by 30 or 50 in 24 hours, and you get a very different idea about human behavior than just googling about "ISFJ's who wear sweatervests."

Or maybe you just have a really extroverted grocery store shopper.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

you missed my other post, where I actually mentioned that I talk to people for a living... in a job where I have to find out what makes them tick or I won't succeed in the least... however, theory is pointless if you can't even be bothered to test it out and see if it IS true or not... where's the sense of curiosity and doubt?
    Actual human interaction is important, but it's difficult for me to see there being anything meaningful in the conversations that you'd have with 91+ people daily.
    I guess what bothers me is the notion that the more people you talk to, the better you know what human beings are like, which the poll seems to suggest.

I guess I'm a mix. Although I don't read many theories. I theorize from experiences. I make assumptions/assessments by my own stereotypes. lol. I'd rather say "patterns" though. It's more subtle and personal than anything in the usual stereotypical sense.

I'm not sure if I'm derailing though, so I'll cut it short. The point I wanted to make is that I tend to stop figuring out what makes people tick unless it's eye opening or new. So this probably negates the number of people I'm open to. I guess I don't relish in uncovering a whole bunch of things with every experience. I tend to see the same ole shit (good or bad). Although being surprised is always nice.