User Tag List

View Poll Results: how many people do you speak to IRL on an average day?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 or less

43 55.84%
  • 11-20

17 22.08%
  • 21-30

7 9.09%
  • 31-40

1 1.30%
  • 41-50

3 3.90%
  • 51-60

1 1.30%
  • 61-70

0 0%
  • 71-80

1 1.30%
  • 81-90

0 0%
  • 91+

4 5.19%
First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think the question should rather be: how many people speak to you on an average day
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Seems like even if you simply go to work, buy something at a store, talk to people you live with, it puts you at least over 10...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Seems like even if you simply go to work, buy something at a store, talk to people you live with, it puts you at least over 10...
    I rarely say a word to cashiers unless I have to. I also rarely speak in class/to anyone on campus. And frankly... whether I speak to my roommate is pretty hit or miss.

Because of that... I would put the people I speak to face-to-face on a daily basis at a very MAXIMUM of 2. Probably 1. 0 isn't out of the question. There's about a 50% chance I talk to my roommate, which is 1 of them. And yesterday I talked to the Subway girl just long enough to say, "6 inch cold cut on white, lettuce, onions, tomato. to go." So I'm including a slim possibility of interacting with some sort of employee somewhere.

My roommate was gone since Wednesday, so that was the last time I talked to her. Then there was the Subway girl yesterday. And once over the weekend I opened my apartment door to tell some drunk ass bitch to quit pounding on it. So... 3 people since Wednesday.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I rarely say a word to cashiers unless I have to. I also rarely speak in class/to anyone on campus. And frankly... whether I speak to my roommate is pretty hit or miss.

Because of that... I would put the people I speak to face-to-face on a daily basis at a very MAXIMUM of 2. Probably 1. 0 isn't out of the question. There's about a 50% chance I talk to my roommate, which is 1 of them. And yesterday I talked to the Subway girl just long enough to say, "6 inch cold cut on white, lettuce, onions, tomato. to go." So I'm including a slim possibility of interacting with some sort of employee somewhere.

My roommate was gone since Wednesday, so that was the last time I talked to her. Then there was the Subway girl yesterday. And once over the weekend I opened my apartment door to tell some drunk ass bitch to quit pounding on it. So... 3 people since Wednesday.
    Good thing for online right?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Good thing for online right?
    I do question what my life would be like if I had born pre-internet.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    5w4

Depends where I'm working.
    In an office: About 5
    Concierge: 160+
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

What counts as talking to someone? Does saying thank you to the bus driver count?
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

If work counts, then about 10 to 15. (consider my co-workers almost friends) If it doesn't, then about 1.5 on average.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    fool

Well it actually depends. Lately I've been going out with people a lot so having conversations with many people is not a rare occurence. Some days I only have online conversations (which I actually do count as conversations) with friends. But on an average day... Around 6-8. With days I'm going out, more.

I do talk to strangers a lot. I really enjoy that. When I worked for an organisation on the streets trying to get people join, I did a crappy job because I'd just end up having hour lasting conversations with people I would not normally get a chance to talk to/come across as easily. I like meeting new people and exploring THEM. (but I camouflage the creepyness)