User Tag List

First 115159606162 Last

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you put in your card it goes til your tank is full then it stop automatically. or if you know you only want to spend 20 you can either go in and say you want 20 on pump and whatever pump # your car is at. We have to pre pay the pump doesn't work unless you submit some form of payment first
    I know it's a silly question but I was actually referring to the technicalities of filling up. Hypothetically you pay $50 to fill up your car and you go to fill it up. As you press on the nozzle, your hand gets exhausted and you take a break (just one of those days), if you press on the nozzle again, will petrol still come out?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    I know it's a silly question but I was actually referring to the technicalities of filling up. Hypothetically you pay $50 to fill up your car and you go to fill it up. As you press on the nozzle, your hand gets exhausted and you take a break (just one of those days), if you press on the nozzle again, will petrol still come out?
    if you've not reached 50 dollars or reached full on your tank yes. also the pumps have a piece you can move so it locks the nozzle in the pump position and you can go do other stuff while it pumps
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

if you've not reached 50 dollars or reached full on your tank yes. also the pumps have a piece you can move so it locks the nozzle in the pump position and you can go do other stuff while it pumps
    Ah, handy. I was really just wondering if our prepaid systems were similar because the clerk told me not to press the nozzle more than once (apparently it stuffs up the system).

MBTI
    IDFK

Current first world problem I'm experiencing: I'm tired and want to go to bed but CCleaner is overwriting my computer's free space and it'll take another thirty minutes

It's cold outside but it's very hot in my office. Too hot. And I think it's giving me a headache, my head's killin' me.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI

I'm still trying to grasp the concept behind 'first world problems.' I'm a little slow to catch on. It means, we have a really great life, but we're still complaining about things that are trivial, which wouldn't even exist in a third world country. See, I must already be totally immersed in my first world life (and blind to the larger context), because I think that first world problems really are actually bad problems. I'm thinking we have obesity - not because of 'too much food available - isn't that great compared to starving third world countries,' but because of other causative factors that have nothing to do with plentifulness or excess. If I overanalyze it I always mess it up.

I was thinking I had a first world problem today. Two minor things that I was all upset about. My boyfriend dropped his wallet, and we ran around looking for it, and eventually found it, after getting all upset. Second, I found out my landlady might possibly have been home while we were, um, together, at home, and we both thought she wasn't home, and so I was very mortified afterwards. It's a first world problem because actually every moment I spend with my boyfriend is a joyous moment and I'm so glad to have him, so in reality it was still a great day and the weather is wonderful, and we went outside. I'm not in jail, my house isn't being bombed, I can walk out on the street without getting shot at. Okay, I think this is supposed to be a lighthearted thread and I just overanalyzed it.

The library's online notification system is faster than the library workers themselves. The online notification says the item I have on hold is ready for pickup, but it's not on the shelf yet. I have to make an extra trip to the library tomorrow or Friday.

MBTI
    yupp

I don't understand what snap chat is.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Neither do I.

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Neither do I.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.