User Tag List

First 10505859606162 Last

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    we do, but not everyone has them. and we do have pay-pass. I don't have that stuff.
    In the times I've been to the States I've never seen a chip-and-PIN point of sale terminal.

You know how you know you're in a real classy neighbourhood? You have to pre-pay for gasoline, and the gas pump prompts you for a ZIP code that matches your credit card's billing address.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    In the times I've been to the States I've never seen a chip-and-PIN point of sale terminal.

You know how you know you're in a real classy neighbourhood? You have to pre-pay for gasoline, and the gas pump prompts you for a ZIP code that matches your credit card's billing address.
    you have to that at any gas station here
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    yupp

I have two facebook tabs open and now i can't remember which one i was looking at, because i got distracted while looking for a link
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Could be worse, as prplchknz alluded to: you could be in the United States, where they don't (seem to) even have chip-and-PIN credit cards.
    ... I don't even know how to write any more.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

A certain NT subforum on a certain other website that is run like a Nazi war camp. God forbid you have an opinion or hurt their supposed non-feelings and all the snitches go running to get you in trouble. It reminds me of some kind of dark underworld insane asylum where people are imagining things and thinking they are still in Nam. Or walk around believing they are the president of the united states. haha Freakin' losers. Get a life. (But I do love watching people mess with them and get them riled up which is pretty easy to do. hahahahahahahahhha)
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    ... I don't even know how to write any more.
    dementia? drugs? crack? rode a bike without a helmet?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

you have to that at any gas station here
    I know prp, and it's soooooooooooo weird. I had this conversation with my sister's ex-husband and explained that here you can fill up your tank and THEN go pay for it, and he asked "Wait—you mean to tell me that you can fill up your car's gas tank with as much gas as you'd like... and you don't even have to pay for it first!?"

"Of course," I said. "How else are you supposed to know how much it costs? You pay so many cents per litre, so... you need to know how many litres you bought before you can pay for it, right?"

"Yeah, but what's to stop somebody from filling up and driving off without paying for it?!"

It never occurred to me to steal gasoline.

MBTI
    yupp

I know prp, and it's soooooooooooo weird. I had this conversation with my sister's ex-husband and explained that here you can fill up your tank and THEN go pay for it, and he asked "Wait—you mean to tell me that you can fill up your car's gas tank with as much gas as you'd like... and you don't even have to pay for it first!?"

"Of course," I said. "How else are you supposed to know how much it costs? You pay so many cents per litre, so... you need to know how many litres you bought before you can pay for it, right?"

"Yeah, but what's to stop somebody from filling up and driving off without paying for it?!"

It never occurred to me to steal gasoline.
    yeah I also learned that if you pay cash (as you have to pre paid) you can go into the station and get the difference back. the gas pump won't even work until you submit some form of payment. I thought pre paying was in every country.

it occured to a lot of people here to steal gas which is the main reason we have the system like this now. When I was I kid you could get gas then paid.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

yeah I also learned that if you pay cash (as you have to pre paid) you can go into the station and get the difference back. the gas pump won't even work until you submit some form of payment. I thought pre paying was in every country.

it occured to a lot of people here to steal gas which is the main reason we have the system like this now. When I was I kid you could get gas then paid.
    When you fill up, are you required to do it all in one go (i.e: press onto the nozzle until you reach the paid amount)? Or can you press, relax and press again?

I had no idea we had the option to prepay it until a few days ago when I left my credit card at home.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    When you fill up, are you required to do it all in one go (i.e: press onto the nozzle until you reach the paid amount)? Or can you press, relax and press again?

I had no idea we had the option to prepay it until a few days ago when I left my credit card at home.
    you put in your card it goes til your tank is full then it stop automatically. or if you know you only want to spend 20 you can either go in and say you want 20 on pump and whatever pump # your car is at. We have to pre pay the pump doesn't work unless you submit some form of payment first

In no likes experiment.

that is all