User Tag List

First 30383940414250 Last

Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post
    The downsides are that the bills are wider than US bills and do not fit in the standard wallet space for paper currency. The plastic, for whatever reason, does not fare well in the washing machine.

The notes are almost exactly the same size. Within a few millimetres of each other.

$1-2 coins are still a bad idea as far as my experiences goes. Determining how much money you have on you a lot less intuitive. While once I lived in the US and anything under a dollar was $.XX and eligible to be retired to the likes of a giant coin vat/piggybank/what-have-you,
    You're used to your coins being for, all intents and purposes, worthless. That is why you hoard them. (This is precisely why the penny needs to go; prior to this year's abolition of the Canadian penny I knew people who would throw them out when they got them in change. They were so worthless these people considered them a nuisance!)

loonies and toonies are giant coins that won't fit in your wallet and yet almost every single cash purchase results in getting them back in change... there's simply no paper $1 way around it--so you end up with more of your currency collecting in your cupholders than in your wallet.
    Why would you want a buck or two buried in your wallet? That's the beauty of the coins, they keep OUT of your wallet and ready to spend! That's the whole point of physical money.

I think it's mathematically unreasonable to set the "coin plateu" to $2, of all things... while the most $1 bills one might accrue without being able to exchange for a larger currency is 4, coins you would need far more so to say paper money stops at $1 works well in practice.
    5 x $1 bills = $5 bill
    5 x $1 coins = $5 bill
    (1 x $1 coin) + (2 x $2 coins) = $5 bill

... The math works out pretty well to me. I could exchange three coins for a $5 instead of five one dollar bills. (I know there is such a thing as a US$2 bill, but I've never seen one.)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Seeing passive aggression where there is just information.
    Right on cue...
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

You know, I'm not surprised you typed something like that. It's an interesting pattern.

I'm not implying anything, I just find it interesting, is all.

Don't pay attention to the fact that my tone of voice when I say interesting is the exact opposite of what it would be if I was actually interested... my brain just happens to process interest and disgust in the same way.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've consumed so much caffeine that I can feel my heart beating and my hands won't stop shaking... fucking easily available legal stimulants!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I know unprovoked passive aggression is kinda your wheelhouse
    Whoa. I have never had that experience with RH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Should I be expecting anymore of these little fact checking forays going forward? It'll make it easier to not completely forget that you exist entirely in the interim if I know they might be coming.
    She does it to me all the time, so... probably.

/for the record, I find it endearing -- though I don't know the history of the Wind-Up Rex/Red Herring conflict, so maybe she meant it differently
    That was my first instinct, too.
    Last edited by EJCC; 07-29-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Clarification
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Whoa. I have never had that experience with RH.

She does it to me all the time, so... probably.

/for the record, I find it endearing -- though I don't know the history of the Wind-Up Rex/Red Herring conflict, so maybe she meant it differently

That was my first instinct, too.
    I couldn't give less of a shit. If RH is trying to "endear" herself to me, she can put me on ignore. You and Nicodemus are free to follow suit.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

first world problem:

Every morning I go to work and the starbucks coffee robot takes god damned forever to make a cup of coffee. I stand there in front of it, second by second as it goes

*GRRRRRRRIIINNNNNNDDDDDDDDSSSSSSS, SWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQ, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRR, PHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSS,*

as i think "seriously what is taking you so long, ARGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I peel my three creamers...trying to be patient....

"FGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, MUMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRR, SPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP"

Then some stuff dribbles into my cup....

Then it goes "warming up"

then a few seconds later "service required, please come back later"

ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H???????????????????????????????????????????

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I really hate the days when I want to sleep past the 5th alarm buzzer on my phone!
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I want to drive my new car, but I don't want to put miles on it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    I want to drive my new car, but I don't want to put miles on it.
    Drive it in reverse.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.