User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 613

  1. #181
    The Eighth Colour Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Mac users.

  2. #182
    Warflower Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    Mac users.
    TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE WHOOSHING SOUND, DON'T JUST MOCK ME.

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  3. #183
    NPcomplete
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE WHOOSHING SOUND, DON'T JUST MOCK ME.
    Maybe you shouldn't look for the "whooshing" sound.. Maybe it's under another sound.


  4. #184
    Senior Member Pinker85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE WHOOSHING SOUND, DON'T JUST MOCK ME.
    *sigh* See, this is why I always choose to improve my looks first. I mean, what good is a fancy computer if you aren't cute enough to get someone to help you fix it? *twirls hair and chews gum*

  5. #185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    238

    Default

    My computer is slow today! Somebody hug me...

  6. #186
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ever heard of Hitler? Stalin? Lenin? Mussolini? Mao Zadong? ...all atheists with atheists regimes. most of Africa's dictators have been the same. in fact, even in most theistic dictatorships, the dictator is often an atheist who uses religion as a tool to control the people
    Ad hominem. Atheism is simply a lack of belief, with no inherit moral or philosophical baggage, and thus no line can be drawn from it to the aforementioned leaders of Nazism, Fascism, Communism, Social Darwinism, etc., ideologies. In the same vein, democracy could be called atheistic. Please let it be noted that Hitler was religious and publicly decried atheism. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_H...eligious_views)

    In addition, Stalinism and Communism exercised gosateizm (state atheism) based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism. Atheism was a means to an end, not a cause.

    Extending even further, Social Darwinism and Eugenics supplant actual natural selection with an unobjective personal perception of ‘fitness’. They are based on bad biology (genetic variability is very good for a species) and are completely independent of atheism.

    now let's look at the flip side.
    ever heard of Mother Teresa? Martin Luther King Jr? the Founding Fathers? the Red Cross? all used religion to change the world for the better. oh and lets not forget Buddha, he certainly hasn't started many wars
    Just like history's famous villains shouldn't be credited for their bad deeds based on their atheistic views, history's famous heroes shouldn't be credited for their good deeds based on their religious affiliations.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  7. #187
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Ad hominem. Atheism is simply a lack of belief, with no inherit moral or philosophical baggage, and thus no line can be drawn from it to the aforementioned leaders of Nazism, Fascism, Communism, Social Darwinism, etc., ideologies. In the same vein, democracy could be called atheistic. Please let it be noted that Hitler was religious and publicly decried atheism. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_H...eligious_views)

    In addition, Stalinism and Communism exercised gosateizm (state atheism) based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism. Atheism was a means to an end, not a cause.

    Extending even further, Social Darwinism and Eugenics supplant actual natural selection with an unobjective personal perception of ‘fitness’. They are based on bad biology (genetic variability is very good for a species) and are completely independent of atheism.



    Just like history's famous villains shouldn't be credited for their bad deeds based on their atheistic views, history's famous heroes shouldn't be credited for their good deeds based on their religious affiliations.
    no it isn't, I'm specifically talking about dictators who are atheists, not all atheists
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #188
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no it isn't, I'm specifically talking about dictators who are atheists, not all atheists
    Like I said, those dictators weren't dictators because they were atheist lol.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  9. #189
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Like I said, those dictators weren't dictators because they were atheist lol.
    I know, but religion forces people to have some sort of morality, even if they rationalize their actions around it. with atheists, there is nothing holding them back from endless violence.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #190
    Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    My right hand itches.

Similar Threads

  1. First World Problems
    By Smilephantomhive in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-04-2015, 01:06 AM
  2. First world problems- ridiculous.
    By Lady_X in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-13-2013, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO