User Tag List

First 234

Then there are some, who can't seem to feel energized enough to tackle a task....UNTIL.......it becomes a challenge. So, they let it fester, and fester, procrastinating, until it's the 11th hour, until a molehill becomes a mountain.

And then, they climb.

Tripping the stimulation threshold, basically.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    As a side question..

Does it really count if the challenge is safe? I mean.. Taking on learning a new language is a challenge, but if you fail you're no worse off (you didn't lose anything), and you can end up just simply having fun with the whole process.. do things like this even count?
    I guess it could count. It just became even more perplexing to me when I saw the physical challenge junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think I'm like that, I need to have something I'm working towards, something to accomplish, a goal. All the time.
    How do you feel when you do not have a goal?
    Are your goals always individual based or are they ever team based with other people?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Are your goals always individual based or are they ever team based with other people?
    Like I'm not really living.

Sleep feels better after you work hard. Food tastes great when you're hungry. People become so real when you're working with all aspects of them--not just the fun shallow times.
    I think people were sort of made for challenges. I mean.. When you start off, everything seems overwhelming.. but when you master even small concepts, you get happy about it. If you fail, you get upset. You really see aspects of yourself that you'll never see in your own comfort zone.

And the great thing is.. you expand that comfort zone each time you push against the walls.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I pretty much have never been without a goal, its been a question of whether or not its been conscious or not, as I've gotten older its become more conscious and I have found that the deliberate thinking out and planning of the goals has come to mean more.

My most recent reflection upon it all, and a quote from the guy who wrote The Little Prince on facebook, has made me realise that a lot of my goals are actually wishes, that's what a goal without a plan, a real plan, with time scales for reviewing and changing it, is, just a wish.

My goals arent all individual based at all, a lot of them are because I appreciate that I've control over myself, I dont have control over a lot of other things I would like to see change.

Although the best personal development theorists I've seen acknowledge that you need to be socially interested, that your own goals are going to coincide with others.

If you're asking if I'm in any team sports or anything like it, nope, I dont do anything like that, I'm not good enough to be honest.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Challenges can be chances for us to rise up and triumph. They are fires that destroy the old and forge worlds anew.
    The universe may conspire against us, but with sufficient determination and force of will on our parts, we shall conquer it all!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I am a "challenge junkie" in always taking on new projects, and finding something new to learn about or learn how to do. Anything from fixing my washing machine to designing a website to making Roman shades to playing a dulcimer.

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    Challenge junkies do get bored, painfully, debilitatingly so. But only when we get bogged down in challenges that we find unnecessary or boring and can't just skip past them. I hate the endless row of hoops that I have to jump through to accomplish portions of my goals. But when I learn to love the process of the challenge as much as the victory at the finish line life gets much more enjoyable.
    This has to be one of my major life frustrations, and unfortunately, the older I get, the less the final victory makes up for the horrible process required to get there. I'm not talking about the real process, but the artificially, humanly imposed hoops that have nothing to do with ability and everything to do with permission.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I am one of those people.

I feel frustrated on a day that I have off and don't get anything done.

It's like I can't relax or something. Must achieve at least 1 thing, if not many, per day.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I am a "challenge junkie" in always taking on new projects, and finding something new to learn about or learn how to do. Anything from fixing my washing machine to designing a website
    Yeah okay, let's put a limit to this though, it's not like changing a lightbulb or the tires of your car makes you a challenge junkie.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah okay, let's put a limit to this though, it's not like changing a lightbulb or the tires of your car makes you a challenge junkie.
    That limit will vary from person to person. Anything that is an actual challenge to the specific person would count, because they are trying to push beyond what they are currently able to do. The first time I changed a tire, I actually felt rather proud of myself. I was alone at night in the middle of nowhere and just figured it out on my own. Granted, I didn't seek out the experience, but was glad to have had it since it is a useful skill.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...