User Tag List

First 345

Default picking up on organism

next to impressionism i sympathize with the term naturalism, but my understanding of the word is idiosyncratic, erm, i mean it totally differs from / practically opposes / wikipedia's definition of naturalism. well wikipedia has actually a whole bunch of definitions for the word. so why not invent my own: let's call it idiosyncratic naturalism, lol. by which i basically mean my understanding of Ni (or one major aspect of it). aligning life with the subject, projecting the functional aspect of the subject (it's intrinsic movement, it's growth patterns and related themes, like transformative principles/intrinsic functional modulations = as perceived by Ni) onto and into external structures/conscious ways of life, thereby designing them so they facilitate growth, anticipate the subject. furthermore: sympathizing with the subjects of external nature (biology) and being an advocate for their nature, by creating infrastructure that harmonizes with nature - "organic design". this is where I see the connection between my understanding of Ni and wikipedia's more literal/sensorical/exclusively materialistic/non-metaphysical naturalism. one could also associate naturalism with the "popular darwinism rap", which is an advocate of extroverted perception's superficial view of nature's life - it looks at the violent interaction of entities and intents to multiply it's principles for the hell of it: "let's sort out the weak and meak" no true understanding or intrinsic groth and evolution at all, it's really more like anti-evolution ... that's just the opposite of what i have in mind.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius' isms; idealism, vegetarianism, egalitarianism, environmentalism, existentialism, subjectivism, rationalism, and falsificationism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Does anyone care for Awesomism? It's defined in the Urban Dictionary, so it's totally a real ideology.

Awesome-ism, Aquarelleism, Sweetism, Kung Fuism, Vicksism, Alism.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    Does anyone care for Awesomism? It's defined in the Urban Dictionary, so it's totally a real ideology.
    That warranted a trip to urbandictionary.com, I must be getting old I didn't know half the stuff on there.

-I learned what "Party Hats" are!

My ism is apocalypticism.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

aestheticism

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Typism.
    INtp