Default For all you lovely T's out there...*evil grin*

Let me give you a reason to face those messy emotions

http://www.spring.org.uk/2011/09/qui...+%28PsyBlog%29
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

yea belly decisions are the best . Imagine being a tp - type and you walk into a mcdonalds and need to order meal. thats a long long decision my gf regulary becomes crazy with me xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Booooo.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

There are probably studies out there saying the opposite thing, too. Nice try.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Let me give you a reason to face those messy emotions
    It's just basic pragmatism.

There is no time to do an analysis, and indecision is a worse sin in situations where you must act immediately, so you have to go with your intuition/gut instinct.

They said that decisions that allow for more time, definitely the thinking wins out.

EDIT: Ooooh.....! Pretty red toenails!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    There are probably studies out there saying the opposite thing, too. Nice try.
    I dunno. The article seemed pretty common sense to me.

I mean, if you have to make a decision fast, you don't have time to analyze. Thus, your only choice is instinct.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    There is no time to do an analysis, and indecision is a worse sin in situations where you must act immediately, so you have to go with your intuition/gut instinct.
    Oh, usually my path is indecision...due to lack of time to properly analyze.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Indecision = the bus wins again.

(Sigh. We lose so many good cats and rabbits that way. )
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Overall they found that compared with trying to work out the details, using the emotions led to much better outcomes. In one of the studies the number of participants getting the right answer went up from only 26% in the detail-focused condition to 68% in the feeling-focused condition.

Seriously, what kind of a argument is that ? Right answer next to what ? With what goals ?

Also there is this problem that emotional decision are right only because they FEEL right. But that does not make them right by default.

Seriously Vala what is your opinion on why people are destroying this this planet and most of people does not want to admit that ? Is it perhaps because it feels right ? Or is it because the bad consequences are not visible at first sight ?

Actually there are entire industries today that exist by a larger part purely because people are into impulsive decision making. And on the other hand those people are often the same people that have problems with destruction of environment and hurting animals.

Also there is a ... I would dare to call it a fact that the fast decisions have to be made only because plenty of people prefer to live in a moment and with fast/impulsive decision making. So if they take the wrong turn the years can pass before they realize that they made a wrong turn. But all the way to that point everything will just "feel good". (I know plenty such people)

The bloodbath in the Middle East you can see on TV every evening is probably also a consequence of the fact that someone made a quick emotional decision. And now the shit will probably go on for years. Creating instability all over the world on so many levels.

Also there is a fact that quick changes often work just because some one made a large scale safety grid. So wherever you jump you are more or less safe. (more of less of course) Without strategic planning we would now still be at the level "Should I climb the bigger or smaller tree? Ok I am try my chances with lager since it has more fruit at the top". However since the complexity of civilization will be rising so the process of thinking will have to be more and more calculated since there is more and more room for fatal error.

Any of this arguments can be expanded but I am not do so since I am not into writing a book about in the moment. (you know I have plans for this afternoon).

I mean ok, the mentioned skill can be useful if you truly dont have a time but those situations are more rare than people like to believe. So instead they are just lazy to think and claim there is not options .

Also thinking is very important in realizing options and better deals. And if you get a better deal you save time and probably money. What gives you the time to think. Etc. ...... (continue the cycle)

So instead I recommend people that they should try to speed up their logic process instead of swiching to "jumping to conclusions".

I am sorry Vala but you will have to try harder to convince me that Te sucks for the most part.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ahhh..A.O, my sweet, you are too adorable sometimes

God, it's been a while since I teased someone. Glad to see I've still got it. I needed this fix
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    God, it's been a while since I teased someone. Glad to see I've still got it. I needed this fix
    mischievous enfp!
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------