User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah it is...if it's just for fun and i don't care if i find anything...but looking around...taking my time with no where i have to be instead or soon afterward...it's nice...i can just look at things i like...dream a bit...plan a bit...let my mind wander. my favorite is unique house stuff..or gifts or bookstores but i even like grocery shopping haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESFJ

If stressed i find shopping relaxing as i am focussing my attention on something else (my credit card, hehe).

I don't find clothes shopping fun at all as i'm inbetween sizes (why don't they make size 9) so i become more frustrated. I'd rather go food shopping than clothes shopping.

I don't like browsing or long queues unless i am in a book shop (thats worth the pain) but spend most of my time looking for books/bargains on Amazon.uk
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i like getting new things, but the actual shopping process kinda stresses me out. i'm picky with my clothes, and i feel pressured to find the perfect thing and i usually don't and end up getting persuaded into buying things i don't really want. plus sales people really annoy me for some reason, they're always hovering and asking questions and i want them to leave me alone.

i like online shopping just because everything's laid out where i can see it and i don't have to dig to find something i like.

i used to be a mall rat back in the day too but i usually wouldn't even buy anything, just run around and wreak havoc with my friends. i'm not sure what was so entertaining about it, but we had a good time.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No. I don't find shopping relaxing.

The only part of shopping I enjoy, is that moment when I find the object I've been planning to buy for ages and it's finally in my hands. I dislike shopping without a mission or a list. Or shopping for clothes and shoes. Or shopping for furniture.

Actually, I have a special loathing for furniture shopping. All because of that one saleswoman at Ashley Furniture followed 5 feet behind me as I browsed the ENTIRE store. I told her from the outset I just wanted to look around, and she stated she HAD to follow me or she'd lose her job. I was so angry. Why she didn't just do what all the other salespeople do any take up a post at the edge of each department is beyond me. I hate salespeople. I don't know why. I just really dislike them. They interfere with my mission and my thought process by trying to sell me stuff.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Tired of shopping you're shopping in the wrong shops.

I do engage in retail therapy but its online, I find that shopping in the high st. is a nuisance because people act like zombis or assholes when they're in full on consumer mode.

To be honest I think it happens a lot that people become like ants in crowded places and I dont like that, I dont conform to patterns, especially since they are generally dumb.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

I avoid malls as much as possible, but could wander around flea markets for hours. I look forward to it every Saturday. I don't mind going with others as long as I can wander at my own pace and can stay as long as I want. I love seeing all the different kinds of stuff,and It's one of the few places where I don't seem to mind chatting with strangers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I went shopping at the craft store yesterday on my day off, to see what they had so I could design wrappings and containers for a goody bag that I'm sending to an online friend. It would have been great if not for the music and noise going on all the time in there. That often drives me out of stores before I've had a chance to find what I want. But that's as close to fun shopping as I get.

I buy everything, including groceries, online. I hate trying on clothes and would rather order, try on at home, and send back if necessary, but I even buy jewelry and perfume online. I redecorated my living room purchasing everything online -- curtains, rug, art, pillows, candles, the whole 9 yards.

Zappos is the place for shoes. Free shipping to and from, and they have every size and width.

Stationery stores or gift shops, that can be relaxing, if they're tucked out of the way somewhere rather than in a mall.

MBTI
    INTP

Neither relaxing nor fun; I view it as a chore that must be done.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm currently wearing shoes that wore out two years ago.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes, if I am shopping without any specific goal in mind or any deadline and I am alone. Then I find it quite relaxing. I like to take my sweet time, looking at everything in the store, trying stuff on I have no intention of buying, etc. I find it very conducive to daydreaming. All these novel objects evoke different lives I could lead, experiences I could have, identities I could take on. I always find the best stuff when I am not looking for it too.

I admit I have shopped as emotional comfort also; it's a consolation prize for a greater disappointment. It's also like a physical symbol of positive change for the future; one step towards becoming someone else, something closer to your ideal, which is a soothing feeling when you're down about something. I realize this is very shallow & exactly the effect marketing wants to have on people (be someone better & feel good by buying stuff!).

I can shop for a few hours under these conditions; usually the need to eat, tired feet, and annoyance with crowds kills any initial relaxing effect, and then I go home.

I do find it stressful when
    - I have a deadline of sorts. I need to buy certain things in a certain time frame. Then I feel rushed & stressed. I feel like I settle for stuff instead of waiting until I come across something I really like.
    - I'm looking for something specific, maybe for a specific event. The more specific it is, the less likely I am to find it, and then I begin to get stressed. Again, I feel like I might have to settle, and I hate that.
    - I am with people. I feel rushed if they're bored in a store & I want to try stuff on. I feel bored when I'm in one of their stores & I have no interest in it. I can't daydream so much, which is what makes it relaxing to begin with.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that's word for word what i would've written had i not been too lazy.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison