User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Fuck no. It's an ideal recipe for a heart attack. I'm 5'11, 117 lbs with a 36" inseam, a 0.6 waist-to-hip ratio and loooong monkey arms. And a size 11 shoe for good measure.

I buy a new article or two of clothing a month - and it takes hours to find anything that fits me non-comicaly. I can only buy coats at places like Bloomingdales because I can have them tailored there.

Most shoe stores only go up to 10.

So that + crowds + idiot animals who insist on walking like molasses in a narrow walkway (of course always horizontally) + sales associates who won't fuck off when you walk inside the store + any loud squealing high schoolers or babies + friends who squeal at every goddamn thing and want to spend hours in a store (of course! Everything fits them!) =

Seriously: online. There is some good stuff out there. I'm not delusional. I look better and feel better since I started wearing clothes that fit me properly...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It's quite satisfying when shorter friends ask me enviously where I got my dress/top/whatever and I get to say "Online, and I'm afraid you're too short..."
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

I enjoy shopping when it's time to buy. Detest window shopping.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes. I sometimes even walk aimlessly around stores.

Though honestly I can tell you that sometimes I don't like clothes shopping for the simple reason of fighting with clothes in the dressing room. If I'm trying on tons and tons of clothes and am happy with very few of them, or am in a bad mood, or hate the way I look in the mirror, that is not relaxing.

But I still like having new clothes.

And I like shopping for everything else.

I iz shame.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Fun, but not relaxing. FWIW, my ENFJ and ISFJ friends hate shopping and never want to go with me.

I'm a really efficient browser, though. I know exactly what I like/hate, and what looks good on me, so I can just look at a rack without having to go through each individual piece. I do hate shopping when it's crowded.
    I generally do not like shopping with other people. I don't like following other people around and their agendas. It reminds me too much of being a kid and having to go to the boring department store with family members or something.

I haven't liked going to the mall as a group since I was in my early teens, which was the only time I cared for it, and then it was more of a social thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yes. I sometimes even walk aimlessly around stores.

Though honestly I can tell you that sometimes I don't like clothes shopping for the simple reason of fighting with clothes in the dressing room. If I'm trying on tons and tons of clothes and am happy with very few of them, or am in a bad mood, or hate the way I look in the mirror, that is not relaxing.

But I still like having new clothes.

And I like shopping for everything else.

I iz shame.
    Yeah, trying on clothes can be kind of annoying, so I dread it sometimes. But I do kind of enjoy shopping for other things (although I'm only 18 so I don't get to shop much).

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I generally do not like shopping with other people. I don't like following other people around and their agendas. It reminds me too much of being a kid and having to go to the boring department store with family members or something.

I haven't liked going to the mall as a group since I was in my early teens, which was the only time I cared for it, and then it was more of a social thing.
    Yup, me too. I used to hate shopping until I discovered it's actually kind of fun when you do it alone.

Shopping on my own, no. Shopping with women, yes. There's just something about women playing with underwear that just calms my soul.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't know that it's relaxing. It depends on what I'm shopping for. I do the vast majority of it online, I guess that's relaxing.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

No.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Yeah, trying on clothes can be kind of annoying, so I dread it sometimes. But I do kind of enjoy shopping for other things (although I'm only 18 so I don't get to shop much).

Yup, me too. I used to hate shopping until I discovered it's actually kind of fun when you do it alone.
    There was an age where I was like "OMG WE GET TO GO TO THE MALL? YAY!!!" and "can me and Tracey and Sasha go to the mall?!!! PLEASE!!!??"

But yeah as an adult the experience of being forced to shop with other people as a group (well, aside from a boyfriend or something, that's alright) sounds oppressive to me and brings back memories of being eight and hiding in the clothes racks of J.C. Penny's while my grandparents looked at tools or furniture or something else that bored me senseless at that age.