User Tag List

First 1234 Last

It depends. Sometimes I like browsing just for the sake of browsing, with no intention of buying anything. That is relaxing. If I want to buy something and have to go looking for it it can be relaxing, or it can become tiresome and disappointing depending on how long it took to find the merchandise in question or if I found what I was looking for at all. If I need to buy something and the shopping experience is anything less than commando-style (get in, get what I need, get out ASAP) it feels like a chore. That is not relaxing.

MBTI
    INTP

Fun, but not relaxing. FWIW, my ENFJ and ISFJ friends hate shopping and never want to go with me.

I'm a really efficient browser, though. I know exactly what I like/hate, and what looks good on me, so I can just look at a rack without having to go through each individual piece. I do hate shopping when it's crowded.
    Something Witty

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't know about internet shopping but like, shopping IRL lets me have a concrete guarantee of what I'm buying and I'd much rather have that guarantee and bringing it home myself than waiting on some delivery.

I hate waiting.

I find it exciting but sometimes when I'm torn between 2 objects I can spend a lot of time thinking about which one makes more sense.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Yes, and shoes.
    I would totally agree, but see "six foot tall woman" again My feet aren't disastrously big, but they're big, and a lot of stores will either not carry my size, or a very limited selection. There are some where browsing is worthwhile but often that's not the case. But then, buying shoes online can be risky too unless you know the brand really well.

On the bright side see "big city with great shopping". There are some shops which specialize in large size women's shoes (and amazingly I've only ever seen tall women in them, though I'm sure cross-dressers must pop by too) and though they tend to be terribly expensive, the sales can be rewarding...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Fuck no. It's an ideal recipe for a heart attack. I'm 5'11, 117 lbs with a 36" inseam, a 0.6 waist-to-hip ratio and loooong monkey arms. And a size 11 shoe for good measure.

I buy a new article or two of clothing a month - and it takes hours to find anything that fits me non-comicaly. I can only buy coats at places like Bloomingdales because I can have them tailored there.

Most shoe stores only go up to 10.

So that + crowds + idiot animals who insist on walking like molasses in a narrow walkway (of course always horizontally) + sales associates who won't fuck off when you walk inside the store + any loud squealing high schoolers or babies + friends who squeal at every goddamn thing and want to spend hours in a store (of course! Everything fits them!) =
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

I'm 5'3 with size 10 shoes. I am firmly planted to terra firma... Much like a hobbit. :/

Generally, no. I dislike shopping, but once in a blue moon the urge will strike.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I'm 5'3 with size 10 shoes. I am firmly planted to terra firma... Much like a hobbit. :/

Generally, no. I dislike shopping, but once in a blue moon the urge will strike.
    At least stores carry your size.

I'm just going to have to order online from a clown supply.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    So that + crowds + idiot animals who insist on walking like molasses in a narrow walkway (of course always horizontally) + sales associates who won't fuck off when you walk inside the store + any loud squealing high schoolers or babies + friends who squeal at every goddamn thing and want to spend hours in a store (of course! Everything fits them!) =
    I don't share your atypical proportions, but can relate to the rest of this. Shopping =/= relaxation, fun, excitement, or anything positive, except for the end result of (with luck) obtaining what I want or need. Thank goodness for the internet.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Short answer: no.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ugh, no. Shopping is exhausting!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/