User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Do we have any big F nerds around?

I would think mostly NT, but then ISTJ Patches came along and took the crown....
    Yes, I think. Like SI and his love of Magic: The Gathering. We're just a different blend.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Yeah, I was also expecting a fellow NT to ''win''.
    Fear not, my friend. The god of nerd-dom is an ENTP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm not a nerd, even though I built a robot. Well gotta get back to coding a webpage with a text editor...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I know how to unlock cellphones and switch their carriers from one GSM system to another

I know what GSM and CDMA stand for and can debate their merits and pitfalls

there are apps for wikipedia, xkcd and cracked... all are on my cell phone

I joined a coed professional chemistry fraternity in college because it was fun... I got to learn about chemistry AND the history of alchemy!

I carry copies of the Sandman graphic novels in my field bag to read at times when it's best that I shut up... I also have nearly completed my collection of discworld books

I've had a subscription to National Geographic since I moved out of my parents' house... I read every issue

I was a national merit scholar who went to the state geography bee 4 years straight... I was also in the science club

I enjoy running my own data analysis of data that I collect from the field in my spare time to see if there is any manner in which to optimize my time and preformance

I love informing random strangers of random facts
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I like Harry Potter I'm such a nerd lol
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    I???
    Enneagram
    huh sp/so

Things I'm willing to confess too:

- I can recite quite a few songs and poems from The Lord of the Rings
    - I gave a presentation on the political/social significance of Star Trek: The Original Series for my government class, dressed in my Star Trek science officer uniform (and the presentation was fabulous, if I do say so myself).
    - In fact, I somehow came up with excuses to wear that uniform to school multiple times that year
    - I've been involved in various internet fandoms
    - I've had six Lord of the Rings Extended Editon Marathons (watching all twelve hours back to back is the only way to do it).
    - I've lost track of how many times I've read those books
    - I could never shut up about Middle Earth as a kid, and I still pretty much can't.
    -I studied Quenya for about a month (but had to stop to study for my actual classes, haha)
    -Today, my history professor recited a line from Galadriel's monologue in The Fellowship of the Ring. The girl next to me was laughing and saying "you memorized that!?" And then I mumbled that I had, too. xP
    -See? This is what I mean about not shutting up

And the nerdiest thing that I'm doing currently is building a Ghostbusters proton pack with my dad.

I REGRET NOTHING

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Fear not, my friend. The god of nerd-dom is an ENTP.

He showed Minesweeper in the video, too!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I played WoW for 6 years and have level 85's of every class.
    Oh, its
    You

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I've actually seen those pictures, and the original source thread they came from. The pictures are in reverse. That kid lost the weight, and there are no reports of him playing WoW.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    91?

I respectfully submit my little nerdy claims to fame, though they are naught but a candle to your bonfires of nerdliness.

-My favorite place in my hometown is the public library, and the free museums
    -I've been to an anime convention twice, and used to be a member of the anime club. Made two of my best friends there too.
    -I wince when people pronounce "manga" incorrectly. I asked someone Japanese just to make sure.
    -I still listen to old Sonic the Hedgehog music and fondly remember the Sega Genesis
    -I always get As in biology/chemistry/computer science but get B+s and A-s in "easier" classes like art and intro to psychology
    -Involved in one Internet fandom, I guess - but am strictly banned from it till the end of the month for my own good. Which, uh, might possibly be the reason why I finally joined this forum. Yeah, I'm just too lazy to reach those properly obsessive and focused levels of nerdom.