- I can recite quite a few songs and poems from The Lord of the Rings
- I gave a presentation on the political/social significance of Star Trek: The Original Series for my government class, dressed in my Star Trek science officer uniform (and the presentation was fabulous, if I do say so myself).
- In fact, I somehow came up with excuses to wear that uniform to school multiple times that year
- I've been involved in various internet fandoms
- I've had six Lord of the Rings Extended Editon Marathons (watching all twelve hours back to back is the only way to do it).
- I've lost track of how many times I've read those books
- I could never shut up about Middle Earth as a kid, and I still pretty much can't.
-I studied Quenya for about a month (but had to stop to study for my actual classes, haha)
-Today, my history professor recited a line from Galadriel's monologue in The Fellowship of the Ring. The girl next to me was laughing and saying "you memorized that!?" And then I mumbled that I had, too. xP
-See? This is what I mean about not shutting up
And the nerdiest thing that I'm doing currently is building a Ghostbusters proton pack with my dad.
I've actually seen those pictures, and the original source thread they came from. The pictures are in reverse. That kid lost the weight, and there are no reports of him playing WoW.
“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman
I respectfully submit my little nerdy claims to fame, though they are naught but a candle to your bonfires of nerdliness.
-My favorite place in my hometown is the public library, and the free museums
-I've been to an anime convention twice, and used to be a member of the anime club. Made two of my best friends there too.
-I wince when people pronounce "manga" incorrectly. I asked someone Japanese just to make sure.
-I still listen to old Sonic the Hedgehog music and fondly remember the Sega Genesis
-I always get As in biology/chemistry/computer science but get B+s and A-s in "easier" classes like art and intro to psychology
-Involved in one Internet fandom, I guess - but am strictly banned from it till the end of the month for my own good. Which, uh, might possibly be the reason why I finally joined this forum. Yeah, I'm just too lazy to reach those properly obsessive and focused levels of nerdom.