User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Like 6 months ago, I was playing pokemon blue/red on the emulator and managed to catch 147/151 pokemons. The plan was catching all the 151 but I got bored and didn't want to play it all again just to catch another Eeve and Hitmonlee. Imo pokemon was ruined after more pokemons were added to the initial 151.
    I'm geeky enough to know that the plural of Pokémon is "Pokémon", no "s". That's not a correction, that's my confession.

Also, I spent a few days recently browsing Bulbapedia to acquaint myself with Generation V of the critters.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    People thinking they are more interesting than they really appear to be is something that annoys me.

I hope I wasn't offensive or anything, I didn't mean for that. I just think the term is unnecessary.
    Don't worry, I don't think of my geekiness as interesting, useful, or valuable. I'm aware of my sad sack status. (The other nerds here aren't sad sacks, BTW - they've got mad skillz. )

Ok, @Patches, you win.
    I still have the entire collection of pokemon ''tazos''. I'm not sure if it was sold in US.
    Oh man, I remember those. Didn't collect them, though, which I guess means my geek license must be revoked.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Damn, that sucks. While healers are one of the most valuable assets in a group hunting, seems in most games they usually are not as independent as other classes.
    What, what REALLY sucked was that the class was maginally soloable at level 43... and I'm saying "marginally" if you had the exact right build,and you were willing to take about 2-3x as long to clear a level as the fastest solo class/build. And then, for some reason I still never understood, they nerfed the Psi set and suddenly it was literally impossible to clear a level. I tried it once, it was more painful than root canal, and I knew there was no way I could edge up to 50.

Sigh. Yes, we're nerds!

My reasoning usually is ''If they don't wanna get pvp'ed they should be playing Solitaire'' lol.
    Lol... aside from getting ganked in cross-faction territory or having someone wander into other territory (because on occasion you might trigger your PvP flag w/o meaning to), that's pretty much it... don't go into PvP mode.

PS. I'm willing to concede that Patches is a bigger nerd. I mean, that girl is just hardcore nerdarama all around.

Quote Originally Posted by erm
    I think I have met one.
    She had never used a computer in her life, and wasn't educated past the age of 12. Quite disconnected from pop culture as well.
    Oh, that poor dear!

What year was she committed?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'm a tiny dent compared to you guys.

I don't consider myself a nerd, i just become very focussed, for example -
    I'll play bejeweled for 4 hours straight even though my eyes are watering and my right hand has lost all feeling because i am aiming for a quicker response time.
    In Primary school i would take maths books home and work because i enjoyed the subject and not because i had homework.
    When i was 9/10 i owned a violin and wanted to play so the school set up lessons.
    When i was around 8 yrs old i wanted to make the best parachute possible for my teddy and threw it out of my bedroom window so many times in the hope the chute would open. I measued the string and everything, lol.
    In my SATS in Secondary school i came 4th in the Maths test (i never revised)
    Last week i read a book in 23 hours (still had a slight life) because i wanted to find out how it ended.

Like i said .. I just get VERY focussed sometimes.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, that poor dear!

What year was she committed?
    I don't know. I make it a point not to communicate with savages.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay you guys all win haha i don't even know what half the shit you guys are talking about is. all i know about pokemon is that it's some kind of card collecting or trading game. i do like scifi tho and i've been a member of an online typology forum for a long time! haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    ... i've been a member of an online typology forum for a long time! haha
    Wow. What a nerd!!!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha i know right!? someone somewhere may count it right?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Bunch of no good, dirty rotten, pig stealing nerds!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Do we have any big F nerds around?

I would think mostly NT, but then ISTJ Patches came along and took the crown....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I'm geeky enough to know that the plural of Pokémon is "Pokémon", no "s". That's not a correction, that's my confession.
    d00d, dat eez 1337, how hardcore is that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    all i know about pokemon is that it's some kind of card collecting or trading game.
    That's maybe 10% of the story, but it's a start!
    Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Do we have any big F nerds around?

I would think mostly NT, but then ISTJ Patches came along and took the crown....
    Yeah, I was also expecting a fellow NT to ''win''.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------