FREE

You Patches, are the nerd queen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    haha, it was my senior year and i was retaking algebra for the 3rd time... highest math grade I ever got.
    Um, yeah. No nerd badge for you!

I won math contests in high school. For fun. Without studying or practicing.

My husband is a computational biologist, which means he writes computer programs that model genetic mutation. I'm jealous of his job and wonder if I should have done something like that.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I memorized pi to a 104 decimal places two days ago, I'll try to go up to a thousand some time in the near future.

I don't think I am particularly nerdy though, and neither do I find the term appealing in any way and think it is obnoxious that people do so these days.

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    My Steam ID is lower than yours.
    Hey, I just installed Steam last night. I can't wait to play Portal!

I'm proficient in, or in the process of learning several major programming languages.
    I'm not a CS major. I'm learning them for fun.
    I know a little bit of Java and a little C++. Sometimes I use it to make games, just for fun. If I get really into it I can do programming literally all day long. (I'm also not a CS major)

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Um, yeah. No nerd badge for you!

I won math contests in high school. For fun. Without studying or practicing.

My husband is a computational biologist, which means he writes computer programs that model genetic mutation. I'm jealous of his job and wonder if I should have done something like that.
    lol, whatever. sorry i had better things to do then math all the time. you guys have your nerd fun then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    lol, whatever. sorry i had better things to do then math all the time. you guys have your nerd fun then.
    Thanks, we will!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I memorized pi to a 104 decimal places two days ago, I'll try to go up to a thousand some time in the near future.

I don't think I am particularly nerdy though, and neither do I find the term appealing in any way and think it is obnoxious that people do so these days.
    Why is it obnoxious? We are embracing our inner nerds after being made to feel inferior for it when we were younger. How is that bad?

Or do you mean when we imply we're smart?

Edit PS - I apologize if I came across as obnoxious in mine. Same to @Jonnyboy

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

CF's Points of Nerdiness:

- Been working with PCs since I was 5 years old... started off with the bad old days of the PC Junior, then a Dell which I knew how to use DOS (basic commands though) when I was 7 years old. Once I got Windows 3.1 I would spend HOURS raking through Encarta Encyclopedia and Grolier's Encyclopedia. Then add playing Mind Maze.... "I am an American black bear, do you know that I am on the endangered species list? Click the door to answer this question."

- Been a Star Trek fan since childhood, and I love watching it still. Also enjoy other sci-fi shows such as Doctor Who, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and I love Firefly and Serenity.

- Still enjoy fantasy stuff. Fairy tales, folklore, and the like.

- I've been doing volunteer severe weather spotting since I was 8. A part of me would love to go on a tornado chasing trip.

- I can program the ARP 2600 analog synth. And I just love synths and keyboards in general.

- I was in a spelling bee in middle school.

- I like prog rock, and just recently have been getting into some folk music.

- Band geek, and proud of it!

- Been considering getting a ham radio license.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was the resident healbot for my CoH team (an emp/sci) and was dearly loved because I was good at managing energy and staying on top of things (hooray for Ne multitasking!)... but I couldn't logon for a month or two, my group leveled to 50, and then they disappeared. My toon still never has reached 50 because she's impossible to solo with.
    Damn, that sucks. While healers are one of the most valuable assets in a group hunting, seems in most games they usually are not as independent as other classes.
    Fiend! Every toon you kill is someone's baby! *gasp*
    My reasoning usually is ''If they don't wanna get pvp'ed they should be playing Solitaire'' lol.

Ok, @Patches, you win.
    I still have the entire collection of pokemon ''tazos''. I'm not sure if it was sold in US.

I'm sitting in front of 3 computers and 5 monitors arranged in a semicircle around me.
    May I ask what's the purpose?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh yeah... I am a huge Lord of the RIngs fan and went to New Zealand in large part so that I could visit locations from the films.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING