User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you expect your SO to complete a "honey do" list on his/her day off?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • SJ - Yes, I have a honey do list.

0 0%
  • NF - Yes, I have a honey do list.

0 0%
  • NT - Yes, I have a honey do list.

0 0%
  • SP - Yes, I have a honey do list.

0 0%
  • SJ - No, I don't

2 11.76%
  • NF - No, I don't

7 41.18%
  • NT - No, I don't

6 35.29%
  • SP - No, I don't

2 11.76%
123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Having a weekend "honey do" list

I've noticed that my SJ friends tend to have a "honey do" list for their husbands. Any time their husbands are off work, they expect them to be completing a list of home duties.

I'm an NF and I just figure that if my husband sees something that needs done, he will do it, but why ruin his day off by expecting him to do chores all day? I would rather have him spending time with the kids and I.

So that made me wonder if this was an SJ thing. How many of you expect your SO to do a list of chores on his/her day off?

MBTI
    GONE

I made a girl I was dating go with me to Ikea to buy a futon and set it up. She was not pleased. Heehee. That was a unique case though. So, no.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

only if something has really been bugging me (and it's not within my own capability to deal with it), or when it would be handy to have it fixed now, for both of us, or when he asks to be reminded of it.

Normally..no. I aint no secretary, never was my strong suit.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think it's more of a "stereotyped gender roles" thing than an SJ thing. I'm guessing the wives don't work, or work part-time or etc, too?

Nothing intrinsically wrong with a list though, it's more the expectations that could be sketch. I'd expect an equal contribution overall, although it might separate into different types of chores.
    -end of thread-

No, my significant other is not my slave and I'm capable of doing everything myself.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have a "To Do" list for myself, but never for my spouse. Sometimes I have things I ask him or remind him to do on his days off, because his days off sometimes fall on weekdays and some things have to be done on weekdays, but I never leave him a list of things I expect him to do. We're a team and basically we both know what needs to be done, and we both do what we can when we can.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I've noticed that my SJ friends tend to have a "honey do" list for their husbands. Any time their husbands are off work, they expect them to be completing a list of home duties.

I'm an NF and I just figure that if my husband sees something that needs done, he will do it, but why ruin his day off by expecting him to do chores all day? I would rather have him spending time with the kids and I.

So that made me wonder if this was an SJ thing. How many of you expect your SO to do a list of chores on his/her day off?
    My hubby (ESTJ) has one for me (not an ESTJ), because I asked him :-) If I don't get the list, I will put off those chores and feel bad about not having done them afterwards. Right now, I've done all but one of my today's chores. Last and best one: write 500 words. I've got one hour left and I hope I'll do a thousand.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

I've never been in a relationship, but this idea of a "honey do" list seems kind of ridiculous to me. My significant other (if I had one) would not be my servant. If something needs to get done, I'm generally content to do it myself.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

My ENFJ loves home improvement, carpentry, in particular. He's done all our kitchen cabinetry, woodwork, even the vanity in one of the bathrooms and the kitchen table and chairs. I'm pretty sure that when he retires, this is what he will end up doing. I never make him a list, I've never had to. I make them for myself. Chores like lawn care, snow removal, roofing, siding and gutters, big painting projects....etc are outsourced. He did design and build our deck though.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Ewww sounds kinda gross.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp