User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you expect your SO to complete a "honey do" list on his/her day off?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • SJ - Yes, I have a honey do list.

0 0%
  • NF - Yes, I have a honey do list.

0 0%
  • NT - Yes, I have a honey do list.

0 0%
  • SP - Yes, I have a honey do list.

0 0%
  • SJ - No, I don't

2 11.76%
  • NF - No, I don't

7 41.18%
  • NT - No, I don't

6 35.29%
  • SP - No, I don't

2 11.76%
First 3456 Last

The fact that you disagreed means the onus is on you. I stated my opinion and you pounced on me for it. I don't give a damn what your opinion is and I don't know why you give a damn what mine is, but you are the one who singled me out. The onus is on you.

Re-read what I wrote. I already said it was purely subjective. Then you posted a laughing smilie and said "whatever".

You seem mad that I have an opinion contrary to yours.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I haven't done a weekend to do list because i was not working so i just got on with it.
    I have wrote a note before asking the person to put out the washing out for me as i turned on the machine before i left for work. To me that just makes sense, it's practical. I'm not nagging or being passive aggressive. I'm asking because you won't hear nor pay attention to the machine whirring whilst it's spinning as you're in another world or asleep.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    You seem mad that I have an opinion contrary to yours.
    But I am not angry, not at all. You're reading emotions in where they don't exist. I do find it amusing when people make these sweeping generalizations that are not borne out in real life experience though. For you, I get that you might find it passive-aggressive ... although if you were married, and had a busy life with kids, you might find your opinion changes then too. See, it's that subjective.

Personally, I have no problem with your opinion. I posted a laughing smilie more because your reaction to my post was fairly predictable. You basically said the equivalent of "Elephants are orange" and I said, "No they're not, because I've seen a grey one" yet you maintain the onus of proof rests on me to prove I saw a grey one, not on you to prove the orange one.

Anyways, I don't want a big argument, I'm not mad at you, even for pulling the classic put-down "bitchy" card above. We'll agree to disagree, k?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Anyways, I don't want a big argument, I'm not mad at you, even for pulling the classic put-down "bitchy" card above. We'll agree to disagree, k?
    I would agree to disagree except that even in your attempts to be magnanimous you can't resist slighting me.

Personally, I have no problem with your opinion. I posted a laughing smilie more because your reaction to my post was fairly predictable. You basically said the equivalent of "Elephants are orange" and I said, "No they're not, because I've seen a grey one" yet you maintain the onus of proof rests on me to prove I saw a grey one, not on you to prove the orange one.
    No, I said the equivalent of "Elephants are slate grey" and you said "WRONG! They're dim grey, you don't know what you're talking about. I have an elephant: he's dim grey. Quit talking out of your ass and prove they're slate grey."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I would agree to disagree except that even in your attempts to be magnanimous you can't resist slighting me.
    You called me "bitchy" above ... but I'm slighting you.

No, I said the equivalent of "Elephants are slate grey" and you said "WRONG! They're dim grey, you don't know what you're talking about. I have an elephant: he's dim grey. Quit talking out of your ass and prove they're slate grey."
    No, that's inaccurate - and I quote: I said, "Disagree. Each situation is unique dependent upon the people involved." I assigned no motive to creating a To Do list whatsoever. I mentioned some people actually like getting them though.

I also said, "Neither of you has any practical experience here - how about you share some real-life examples instead of projection?" Is that a problem? Why the unwillingness to share?

You're the one who took personal offense to my disagreement. I am offering you the olive branch to help smooth out your upset.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

I also said, "Neither of you has any practical experience here - how about you share some real-life examples instead of projection?" Is that a problem? Why the unwillingness to share?
    Share what? That time I thought a to-do list was passive-aggressive?

It's not worth justifying "elephants are slate grey" with an example.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

You too are indulging in a logical fallacy, so who am I to try to bring you back to center? But of course, if you simply keep posting "I'm right" all the time, I will have to interpret this as trolling on your part.

Offer up some facts that people who like getting a to do list progress become "dependent" in other areas of their life. Where's the research, send me some links. Offer some anecdotal stuff. Why do you continue to offer opinion as fact?
    That's a whole lot of words but it doesnt change me being right.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No, it doesn't. It means that your opinions and preferences for a relationship differ from her husband's.

End of conversation.

Geez.
    There's room enough for everyone on the Lark's Bitch list Marmie.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Share what? That time I thought a to-do list was passive-aggressive?
    Yes. When did that happen?

It's not worth justifying "elephants are slate grey" with an example.
    Sure it is, to me. I do agree someone could use such a list in a passive-aggressive way, so I don't even disagree with the possibility - I just disagree with you stating your subjectivity as objectivity.

"To Do" lists themselves are not inherently passive-aggressive. "To Do" lists are just tools. It's like saying a pencil is passive-aggressive. It's how one uses the tool that makes the difference. One can be competent or incompetent in the use of the tool. Or it could be the totally wrong tool to use.

But I am interested - why do you think they are definitively passive-aggressive for you? I am curious.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    That's a whole lot of words but it doesnt change me being right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    There's room enough for everyone on the Lark's Bitch list Marmie.
    Any more "I am right" posts I am reporting you to the mods. Just so you're clear on that.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Any more "I am right" posts I am reporting you to the mods. Just so you're clear on that.
    Oh OK.