User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you expect your SO to complete a "honey do" list on his/her day off?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • SJ - Yes, I have a honey do list.

0 0%
  • NF - Yes, I have a honey do list.

0 0%
  • NT - Yes, I have a honey do list.

0 0%
  • SP - Yes, I have a honey do list.

0 0%
  • SJ - No, I don't

2 11.76%
  • NF - No, I don't

7 41.18%
  • NT - No, I don't

6 35.29%
  • SP - No, I don't

2 11.76%
First 1234 Last

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

well I usually have a list in my head of things that I would like him to do, does that count?

Come on if the washer doesn't have hot water I need his help with that, if the faucet on the tub is loose, then yes I expect him to do that
    do I have a time frame, yes in my head, do I bitch or complain about it, um not generally

yes I am VERY stereo typical for gender roles, but no I don't expect him to cook or shop, and most days the best thing he can do for me
    is spend time with our children
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I've noticed that my SJ friends tend to have a "honey do" list for their husbands.
    I am no SJ, but my ESTJ husband loves having that list. It's not my nature to make a list for him, but around the 8 - 10 year mark of being married, and with him continually asking me, "What do you want me to do today" around the house every single weekend, I started to clue in and make him the list he so desires!

So, while I certainly don't expect him to do everything on the list, it makes him happier to have it. He also enjoys when I place some structure on the weekend (let's do the groceries, have lunch, walk the dog at the nature preserve, come home around 4 pm, relax for a bit, eat dinner and maybe go see that movie ... etc etc etc.) He can then relax, envisioning the plan in place.

Some people like doing those little chores. Makes them feel good. But, I didn't answer the poll because the word "expect" is in there.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

things like this are why the idea of marriage scares me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    things like this are why the idea of marriage scares me.

Just think though ... who knew a "To Do" list could make a man so happy?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

We try to get as much as possible done during the week so that we can fully ENJOY the weekend!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I'm not married but if my hypothetical wife wrote me a list of chores to do every weekend I suspect that not long after I'd have a lawyer write some divorce papers for her.

To-do lists are nothing more than passive-aggressive nagging.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I've noticed that my SJ friends tend to have a "honey do" list for their husbands. Any time their husbands are off work, they expect them to be completing a list of home duties.

I'm an NF and I just figure that if my husband sees something that needs done, he will do it, but why ruin his day off by expecting him to do chores all day? I would rather have him spending time with the kids and I.

So that made me wonder if this was an SJ thing. How many of you expect your SO to do a list of chores on his/her day off?
    You know what I think is worse than this I know some husbands who look for that, its bleeding awful because it spreads to other parts of their life too and they are incapable of being decisive or engage in endless rounds of discussion while being not quite able to say what they want or what they may suspect is wrong with what other people want or are suggesting.

Robbing people of their autonomy or competence is a bad thing because soon they'll get used to it and want that to be the norm for all sorts of situations and it'll piss EVERYONE who knows them off.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My ESFJ friend does this to her husband.

Of course he also likes to spend all of his free time playing role playing games on the computer, so in some regards I don't blame her.

I know with my ISTJ grandfather he LIKED to do stuff when he was off work. I mean he'd sleep and read, of course, but he also gardened EXTENSIVELY (we had a HUGE garden when I was a kid) on the weekends, planted trees, worked on the car, et al.

I personally would only do this to a significant other if he was a lazy bum. But I'm not attracted to them. I'm actually attracted to SJs who do things like get up in the morning and clean the house, clean out their car, or mow the lawn. Yeah....

Some people take it to excess, though. I sometimes think certain ESxJs can be too pushy on people to do or accomplish things.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    To-do lists are nothing more than passive-aggressive nagging.
    Disagree. Each situation is unique dependent upon the people involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You know what I think is worse than this I know some husbands who look for that, its bleeding awful because it spreads to other parts of their life too and they are incapable of being decisive or engage in endless rounds of discussion while being not quite able to say what they want or what they may suspect is wrong with what other people want or are suggesting.
    Disagree. My husband likes having the list and it's not for lack of being decisive in other areas of his life. In fact, I think it's quite the opposite. He manages a huge department and I think after a week of making decisions he is happy to just sit back and let someone else "decide" for a bit. So, if he likes his bacon & eggs, plus a little "To Do" list on Sat morning, I am not going to deprive him of it.

Neither of you has any practical experience here - how about you share some real-life examples instead of projection?
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

Robbing people of their autonomy or competence is a bad thing because soon they'll get used to it and want that to be the norm for all sorts of situations and it'll piss EVERYONE who knows them off.
    If some men like that, how is it your business? Just because it's hell to you doesn't mean it's hell to them.