User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I know this is over with now, but for future reference, I just discovered that Overstock.com has suits.
    Cool, thanks for that!

Update:

I got an email today from the Sheriff's Dept. I passed my oral interview and ranked 5th among the candidates that interviewed. They are going to be hiring 3-5 candidates. The number of which they hire I believe is dependent on how many people are assessed as being qualified after all steps of the hiring process conclude (so if there are 5 qualified candidates, they will hire 5, but not more than that).

Basically, being number 5 on the list, I will be looked at and don't have to hope someone else washes out before they get to my number on the list . I'm so excited but don't want to get my hopes up too much. I am awaiting a phone call/email about next steps in the process, but what I know will be left to complete is a polygraph test, a thorough background investigation and a psychological evaluation/test.

ThatGirl

Lol, that is fantastic Beat!

But, do you really think you can pass a polygraph and psychological evaluation?

MBTI
    ISTx

I sure hope so. I don't think I have anything to hide...

ThatGirl

Eh, fuck it.

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm sane!

ThatGirl

Nothing lol, all of a sudden I don't feel so well. I was going to give you a bunch of shit, and cause you to question your own sanity, but I think I may be getting a migraine.

Still congratulations, I knew you were bad ass.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Nothing lol, all of a sudden I don't feel so well. I was going to give you a bunch of shit, and cause you to question your own sanity, but I think I may be getting a migraine.

Still congratulations, I knew you were bad ass.
    Does the prospect of me being in uniform make you feel ill? T_T

Drink water and pop an advil. Feel better!

ThatGirl

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

OK, here is a link with some good summary information:

http://jobsearch.about.com/od/interv...forsuccess.htm

Most of the essentials have been voidced here.
    First interview go in a navy blue/dark blue solid color suit.
    White shirt should have a pinpoint collar, be sure to have a pair of collar stays so that the collar stays sharp and lays flat.
    Silk tie is a must, go for red (aggressive), blue (conservative), or a red/blue striped tie (regimental stripes, or "power tie") to display strength, yet conservatism.
    Black shoes and black belt with equal shine = absolutely.
    A pair of Bostonian wingtips will cost you maybe $125. I bought mine in 1992 and have had them re-soled ever since. They are the most comfortable shoes I own.

Regarding shirts, buy that new if you can, as the reflection of light off a bright, crisp white shirt will be worth it. A white shirt with a muddled or heaven forbid stained fabric is a downfall.
    The new business shirts that are "no-iron" or "wrinkle-resistant" are a God-send in that they look great and are easy maintenance.

Buying a suit a thrift store/second hand/consignment retailer is smart.
    I found three very nice designer suits that were already tailored at a consignment store a few years ago.
    They cost me $25 each to buy.
    If new, they would have cost at least $200 each and then another $80 in tailoring for both pants and jacket.

When buying a suit go for a classic cut that is flattering to your proportions.
    I have a very "long torso" compared to my legs, so I buy a three button jacket when I can, because it blends my symmetry best.
    Whenever they are in style I'll go for a double breasted jacket as that has the most capability of widening my shoulders and minimizing my waistline.
    It's all an optical illusion, but the reality is you only have one chance to make a first impression.

Ditch any mustaches, goatees, beards, chunky sideburns if you really want the job.
    Show up with hair off the ears and abiove the collar of your shirt.
    Don't have "skater bangs" flopping in your face.
    Look like someone that another person would entrust the success of their business to.
    That's the thick and thin of it really.

Good luck!

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I'm sane!
    Be sure to say you had a perfect childhood, too. I had a friend jump through all hoops to become a firefighter, but got turned down because he had a rocky home life as a kid.

Lie to make yourself sound perfect. Though, I'm sure it won't take much lying - if anyone's sane, it's going to be an ISTJ!

Good luck!
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg