User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 28 of 28

  1. #21
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    I memorized the problems in 4 hours. half of them, the rest are stupid .

    It's fucking ridiculous. I've memorized about 15% of the theory in a week.


    oh well...I guess I can pass with 15 %


    communist teachers...you gotta lov'em.

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Repeat each problem alone FOUR TIMES each, OUT LOUD, and have your index finger touching your thumb while you're doing it.

    When you go to use the problems, in order to remember them, touch your index finger to your thumb.

    This is something I actually have used in the past to do things like memorize menus when I worked in restaurants. I learned it from some book I got in the library in high school. I was always reading anything new-agey or self-helpy.

  3. #23
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    I'm done learning.

    I'm going to sleep. It's 5 AM. Good night

  4. #24
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    I agree with @Tallulah, rewriting works well. I've never taken accounting, so I'm not really sure what the subject matter is like and the best method to make it stick. Do you need to practice problems... are there problems you can practice repeatedly?

    Rewriting generally works well for me because I believe myself to be a more visual learner, as well as hands on. So, I often work to make my notes visually appealing and interesting, too. My notebooks generally turn out quite aesthetically pleasing. XD But using highlighters and making doodles around my notes, do actually seem to help. When I'm trying to recall something, I recall the specific page and images I created around my notes and the material needed.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  5. #25
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Seriously.

    I keep repeating and repeating.

    And it just goes in and out of my head.

    please help me memorize




    please please please please

    how do you do it?



    PS: The text I have to memorize doesn't make much sense and it's not inter connected.

    yeah..


    awesome./
    People in developed countries especially younger wired people are trained to forget things because you can constantly re-look up things on line, on your phone, etc.

    Anecdotal, but when my friend was teaching English in the Dominican Republic, she said everyone had amazing memories. The students would just have to study something once and remember it and even locals taking the bus could remember chunks of timetables and routes right off the bat.

    Train yourself to remember things by not relying so much on constantly looking things up. Otherwise, you will just mindlessly look back at the sheet of paper you're trying to memorize every second instead of actually making a real brain effort to remember it.

    Are you a global learning or are you better with specifics? Try to understand the whole thing before you memorize it. If you have context for it, it helps you remember things. Otherwise, it's like memorizing a story in a foreign language and not even being literate in the alphabet. It's very hard.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  6. #26
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    People in developed countries especially younger wired people are trained to forget things because you can constantly re-look up things on line, on your phone, etc.

    Anecdotal, but when my friend was teaching English in the Dominican Republic, she said everyone had amazing memories. The students would just have to study something once and remember it and even locals taking the bus could remember chunks of timetables and routes right off the bat.

    Train yourself to remember things by not relying so much on constantly looking things up. Otherwise, you will just mindlessly look back at the sheet of paper you're trying to memorize every second instead of actually making a real brain effort to remember it.

    Are you a global learning or are you better with specifics? Try to understand the whole thing before you memorize it. If you have context for it, it helps you remember things. Otherwise, it's like memorizing a story in a foreign language and not even being literate in the alphabet. It's very hard.
    I memorize easily if the text has a logical structure.

    But this one doesn't, it's just a LIST of stuff. No correlations, just lists. And most of the time you don't even know what the things in the lists are/ mean.

    There is no big picture to understand, it's just a big list of accounting details and information, which contribute to the efficiency of firms.

    Te Bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I agree with @Tallulah, rewriting works well. I've never taken accounting, so I'm not really sure what the subject matter is like and the best method to make it stick. Do you need to practice problems... are there problems you can practice repeatedly?

    Rewriting generally works well for me because I believe myself to be a more visual learner, as well as hands on. So, I often work to make my notes visually appealing and interesting, too. My notebooks generally turn out quite aesthetically pleasing. XD But using highlighters and making doodles around my notes, do actually seem to help. When I'm trying to recall something, I recall the specific page and images I created around my notes and the material needed.
    haha my notebooks are like a warzone.

    I rarely write down anything anyway.

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Relate everything to your past. That's what I do..

    "Oh yeah, that's just like the time I fell of my bike and broke my arm...not really, but kinda.."

    I took an accounting class and I remember thinking of myself of as a "business" and relating everything I did to accounting concepts etc etc

    Also,

    Ritalin works wonders, apparently. Lucky ADD bastards..

  8. #28
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    Relate everything to your past. That's what I do..

    "Oh yeah, that's just like the time I fell of my bike and broke my arm...not really, but kinda.."

    Also,

    Ritalin works wonders, apparently. Lucky ADD bastards..
    I'm taking lecithin. A lot of it. I don't know if it works or not. Hell, I'd be happy with a placebo effect too.

Similar Threads

  1. How skillfully can you get off topic?
    By Alesia in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 11:49 PM
  2. Can one be an athiest and an INFP?
    By Sahara in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 10:17 PM
  3. I can control the world with the power of my mind...
    By The Ü™ in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 08:07 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Can you move from J to P?
    By Cindyrella in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO