User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Arachnophobia

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default Arachnophobia

Anyone else scared of spiders?

Why are so many people scared of these horrible dangly legged creatures? *shivers*

Does it get easier with age?

Please don't post any pictures of them .. Seriously although i have a sense of humour, they fricking scare me.

I pose these questions because my son told me there was a spider in our living room at 5am this morning (got to love insomnia) and it was the size of his palm so he got scared and decided to go to bed (yayy). I've bee searching for it all day to no avail until i came upstairs this evening and found it near my bedroom door *shudders* This is a big spider but kiddo says it's too small
    Small spiders i can now handle if i have a plastic pot and some card and will place them far out front but larger ones .. I'm going to be having nightmares tonight
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I am. But I consider it an extra reason for me to kill them as soon as possible. Just find something heavy and throw at it. The result will be disgusting, but you will sleep much better.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Those tiny black and white jumping spiders that are really quick I think are cute. The ones I cannot stand (though would not say I'm terrified of them but avoid them) are those hairy spiders; y'know the ones that can be like pets. Furry arachnids are disgusting.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

What's funny is, I had someone say this to me once, and I think it's important to differentiate between

"I don't like spiders. They are creepy"
    and
    "HOLY EFFING SHIZZ GETITAWAYGETITAWAY"

Which brings to mind the time someone I just met told me they were afraid of spiders.
    I assumed they meant option one, and (humorously) threw a plastic spider at them.
    After the freakout was over, they didn't talk to me for 3 weeks straight.

Ginkgo

Code:
              /      \
          \   \  ,,  /  /
            '-.`\()/`.-'
           .--_'(  )'_--.
          / /`/ `""` \ `\ \
           |  |  ><  |  |
           \  \      /  /
               '.__.'

FigerPuppet

Oops.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Well ain't irony a bitch? After taunting the OP about their spider problem, a huge and speedy fuck of a spider scurried across the wall in my room. If it'd been a small one I wouldn't be typing this, but it's not and for me a big spider signals poison and crawling into my throatlayingeggsinmysmallintestinesandburstingouto fmelikewhathappenedinthatmovieinfested while I'm sleeping.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I am. But I consider it an extra reason for me to kill them as soon as possible. Just find something heavy and throw at it. The result will be disgusting, but you will sleep much better.
    Whatttttt? No, by say killing it with a shoe, you then need to lift the shoe to see if it is dead and if so, then you see it's yucky remains .. Forget that, give me a hoover and suck the bastard up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Which brings to mind the time someone I just met told me they were afraid of spiders. I assumed they meant option one, and (humorously) threw a plastic spider at them.
    After the freakout was over, they didn't talk to me for 3 weeks straight.
    I would not be laughing immediately but a few weeks down the line i may.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Code:
              /      \
          \   \  ,,  /  /
            '-.`\()/`.-'
           .--_'(  )'_--.
          / /`/ `""` \ `\ \
           |  |  ><  |  |
           \  \      /  /
               '.__.'
    See .. Look .. It's the legs *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    Well ain't irony a bitch? After taunting the OP about their spider problem, a huge and speedy fuck of a spider scurried across the wall in my room. If it'd been a small one I wouldn't be typing this, but it's not and for me a big spider signals poison and crawling into my throatlayingeggsinmysmallintestinesandburstingouto fmelikewhathappenedinthatmovieinfested while I'm sleeping.
    Well i had a smallish one go from my ceiling to my bed a few days back and i knocked it to the floor and put a bottle over it for 3 days before hoovering it up. I went outside on Friday and walked straight into a fucking horrible poisonous (possibly) one and did some crazy ass dance squealing like a 5 year old (kiddo was annoyed he wasn't around to get that on camera) until it bounced off me.

I still think many years ago they were bigger than us and this is why so many are afraid of them. I could also be slightly paranoid, hehe.

Never mind.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

I believe I spotted either the same spider or a different one nestling in a corner. I swiftly checked around for possible weapons and settled for a broom and some oven cleaner and went to town. The fucker was fast and I thought I'd lost it again, but finally I was able to smash it a few times with my broom. Over? Nope. Being the twisted voyeur that I am, I fetched my camera for a trophy picture I planned to post in this thrad; the corpse was nowhere to be found. Confusion insued, I didn't remember moving it's body and it's body was mangled so bad I couldn't not believe it wasn't dead. Then my eyes drifted to my wall and there it was, smooched against the underside of my heater. Round II began and yet still even in it's crippled state, it managed to escape and now I must pretend it won't live to see another day.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

violaine

Oh gosh, the ones that look like they could eat you, even if harmless, are the ones that turn my stomach. We have huge spiders in Australia. I had one at my front door once, the size of a huge, man hand, brown and furry (but harmless) and all I could do was throw an icecream container over it and call my sister's BF to come and get it. I can't spray them and watch them quiver.

(Haha, I put a scary, fake spider on my friend's should the other night, fully expecting him to roll his eyes at me, but he started shaking his shoulder a bit and that made it look real to him and everyone else in the room. I was so not anticipating it, that I couldn't get the words out of my mouth that it wasn't real. Not good. Everyone under 10 thought it was hilarious though.)