User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I wouldn't say he's a hack. You don't make that much money by being a hack.

He's more machine now, than man. Twisted and evil.
    Michael Bay is extremely wealthy.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I love what Phil Tippett has to say about all his tinkering. http://www.movies.com/movie-news/phi...&wssaffid=news His latest work could be seen in New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn, where he made werewolves really gay...and you thought Carrie Fisher had it bad!

Granted, I enjoyed most of the changes in the first special editions, and believe it or not, I was not that bothered by Greedo shooting first. I mean, it was silly to look at (and the current rendition is, too), and it was a bit unnecessary, but it by no means "ruined my childhood." The digital set extensions were also good, particularly the added window in the Cloud City hallway; it felt more epic. The special editions for the DVD release were also good, as they added more consistency to the prequels, despite slapping the original actors in the face (such as replacing the actor of Anakin's ghost with Hayden Christensen or the lady/chimp who played the Emperor in Empire with Ian McDiarmand), and there was much more improvement to the CG Jabba in A New Hope. Of course, I thought that scene was unnecessary, but at least Boba Fett made a cameo. And the special edition changes to the songs in Jabba's palace and the Ewok celebration were improvements.

But these new changes are absolutely 100 percent unnecessary and angering. In fact, the only change I like in the blu-ray special editions is the CG Yoda in The Phantom Menace. I still have a bad feeling about this Jar Jar still being in the movie. (So make that 99 percent unnecessary and angering.)

Why couldn't George have invested more into improving the explosions of both Alderaan and the Death Star in A New Hope some more? Shockwave or not, they are not as epic as they could be with today's technology; they look like fire crackers going off. And seeing how George loves exploiting CGI to its fullest and slapping the original actors in the face in the process, I think that Hayden Christensen's head should replace the other actor who played Darth Vader/Anakin (I forget if it's David Prowse or not) when he takes the mask off. Which brings me to my next question: When Luke cremates Anakin, why is he wearing the mask?

And while we're at it, I think that they should just replace David Prowse with Hayden Christensen inside the costume to, you know, just for consistency.

With all of this said, however, I'm looking forward to Red Tails. And I am sincerely surprised that George didn't invest in the pioneering of CG blackface. What's wrong with you, Mr. Lucas?

EDIT: And another thing that irritates me is how people complain how Michael Bay uses too much CGI in his movies, when in fact, most of his fx are done in camera.

Ginkgo

Captain Cunt, now with Fuckberries!

/ruining your childhood

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Does anyone think it would be possible for George to add the "Duel of the Fates" track into the original trilogy somewhere?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Does anyone think it would be possible for George to add the "Duel of the Fates" track into the original trilogy somewhere?
    And maybe for him to get started on pre-production of Episodes VII-IX?

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Michael Bay is extremely wealthy.
    Michael Bay is not a hack. He just works on very superficial action movies. But technically speaking Michael Bay is still very good at what he does.

Lucas is so much worse because he's not only responsible for the shoddy acting in the Star Wars prequels: he's responsible for the flimsy, boring plots too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Michael Bay is not a hack. He just works on very superficial action movies. But technically speaking Michael Bay is still very good at what he does.

Lucas is so much worse because he's not only responsible for the shoddy acting in the Star Wars prequels: he's responsible for the flimsy, boring plots too.
    There has been excellent acting and robust plots in Michael Bay movies?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    There has been excellent acting and robust plots in Michael Bay movies?
    If Megan Fox or that British chick in Trannies 3 actually acted, it would've been much more embarrassing to watch than just seeing them stand there looking pretty like they do on the Victoria's Secret ads that Michael Bay also directed.

And Trannies 2 was nothing more than a big budget art house movie, so it doesn't have a plot by default.

Well, I don't want to turn it into a Michael Bay thread, but he is very good at what he does only if what he does is defined as making profitable movies. It's hidden because of the sort of movies he makes, but he has poor skills in almost every aspect of filmmaking. He doesn't direct actors well, he doesn't tell stories well, and his action sequences always lack the spatial awareness needed to ground the audience - an essential skill that someone like James Cameron excels at. The work Bay is recognized for consists chiefly of sitting in a screening room and telling his VFX supervisor to how he wants things to look...which is then translated and performed by other people.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

No Michael Bay's movies haven't had robust plots and excellent acting, but Michael Bay doesn't write his own movies and doesn't have final say over the casting, scriptwriting, budgeting, marketing, etc.

Lucas has absolute and complete control over everything in a Star Wars movie.