User Tag List

12311 Last

Default What are you like IRL?

Tell us something about your personality that doesn't usually show through your posts. Also, how do you usually spend your days and your free time?

You may not have seen it, but I actually have a sense of humor <gasp!>, though I haven't really had the chance to show it through my posts so far. Me likes to be silly and use lots of sarcasm.

If you were to meet me IRL, you would probably find me at my computer typing up useless threads like this while listening to music, that is, when I'm not in classes or doing homework. A couple times a day I actually leave my room to go eat. And if you're very lucky, you might find me in a library, going out for a walk, or else sitting outside in a nice scenic area relaxing and listening to my MP3 player.

If you held a conversation with me, you'd find I'm very easy to get along with. I'll probably never argue with you or say anything to make you upset or angry in any way. In fact, I'll try very hard to make you feel accepted and will always be respectful of your feelings and opinions.

But if you put me with a group of strangers, I'll probably be the only one not socializing. Seriously, I can't do groups.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

^ You sound like a cool person.

If you were to meet me, you would probably find me a very interesting conversationalist, but may feel offended easily. I try to not offend people, but the harder I try, the more they get offended. Often, I am talking to people, and appear 'bubbly' but that is my clever way of adapting to be socially acceptable. I am very sarcastic and like to joke around. A lot.

And I talk. And talk. And talk. It is really hard to get me to shut up. I love to read, and write, and play music. If you want to be my best friend, take me to get coffee and chat with me about the universe, random books and movies, etc. I am that sort of person that loves to walk around talking. And I can be a little crude. I get told often that I am very blunt.

So that is sort of me. Perpetually drinking coffee and talking.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm extremely quiet 80% of the time*. When people talk to me too much I have to get away from them. I spend a lot of time outdoors and I walk around barefoot. I tend to placate people a lot IRL and I don't argue with them, because it's very easy for me to empathize why people are doing things IRL, face-to-face. Plus people don't tend to walk around IRL going on and on about their political beliefs or trolling for a response, so I'm surprisingly calm and easy going, unless someone seriously crosses me, then I surprise people with how well I hold my own.

I remember when JustHer met me she was like "wow you are nothing like what I thought you would be."

It's awesome because people picture some crazed, ranting, uber-extrovert when in real life I'm actually quite docile, peaceful, quiet, easy to get along with, and empathetic toward other points of view, and will often not say anything if I disagree, unless it's something I feel SUPER strongly about.

I'm on-line a lot because in the past year I've done most of my work on a computer, and have been able to work from home. I spend my days walking, reading, doing chores, doing work, talking to my friends or roommates IRL, petting cats, cooking, sometimes swimming or chasing after my friend's three year old, or listening to an elderly man tell me his life's story...the most consistent thing about my life is my on-line life. A lot of chaos or peace or change or stagnancy can be going on here on the other end and I'd never tell you.

*I do talk a lot once you get me started, and I'm not afraid to approach people if I want. This is the other 20-25% of the time.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Tell us something about your personality that doesn't usually show through your posts. Also, how do you usually spend your days and your free time?
    1) I have an extremely tall personality
    2) I speak much more slowly and less animatedly than I do here
    3) I have low tolerance IRL for clowns and other "funny people"
    4) Ask @MacGuffin @Jennifer @proteanmix @Udog they all met me and will vouch for the above
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Pretty much the same and I wear makeup sometimes too!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    1) I have an extremely tall personality
    2) I speak much more slowly and less animatedly than I do here
    3) I have low tolerance IRL for clowns and other "funny people"
    4) Ask @MacGuffin @Jennifer @proteanmix @Udog they all met me and will vouch for the above
    @CzeCze wouldn't like me
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

How I spend my days:

- working or cleaning
    - Playing video games and being on the computer

My free time:

- Ventrilo
    - Magic the Gathering
    - Multiplayer Starcraft

Something about me IRL that isn't shown online:
    - IRL I talk in a different tone entirely. There are several reasons for this, but @Rainbows can vouch for my sudden switches. This only applies to vent.
    - I tend to be a lot more impatient IRL than I seem to let on online..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Probably pretty much the same. Perhaps more goofy in real life...

I'm usually either at work, hanging out with friends or some sort of activity like hiking, reading, making something, or doing stuff around the house.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm quite talkative in real life and am the type of person who doesn't think before speaking, but I blush and fumble around to fix things when I accidentally insult someone, so people usually forgive me pretty easily! I'm a caffeine addict, I'm in perpetual motion and tend to tap my feet if stuck behind slow people... I laugh a lot and often because I've turned something innocent that someone said into innuendo and I'm known to be fun for some reason
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I'm very extraverted and well, quite friendly. I think I come across as quite serious and intellectual when I'm posting in online forums.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp