First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Underwhelming yet awesome, that's how I'd summarize it for me too

Something that I have hinted at in the forums but might not really show through is that I am often stressed out or very tired, so that is what'll be seen too much of the time (Luckily a lot of it is when I am at home anyway). It'll get to the point where sometimes I look serious and/or very low energy, but this is but one unluckily common roll of the dice.

Other times you'll see someone who is more in the middle, looking around at things on the walls, general wandering, writing in notebooks. If you talk to me, I'll respond somewhat strongly and start of kind of giggly and a bit awkward. I'll try to find at least three things to joke about.

And there will be those rare magical times when you catch me when I'm at the "top." I'll be naturally joking and silly in most of the things that I say. I'll actually initiate things, all sorts of things. And I use tons of body gestures. I move my hands constantly.

I have a huge reputation for being very quiet. That, and getting nothing done on time. But I really do talk to people pretty often in real-time (it can really mess me up if I don't) and sometimes speak too loudly. The lateness and overall flakiness is even worse than people expect I try to remember things and you can often see me writing things down in my planner, but this just helps me to get things done enough to marginally function.

I have many different voices, literally. Other than the volume variances, I range from very childlike and squeaky to more of an androgynous and sarcastic tone, and I also slip into many accents, including British, Russian, and more heavily Valley Girl. I can also imitate voices almost exactly sometimes (and scare people that way). I doubt I'll ever be able to roll my r's though. I also mispronounce words often.

I sometimes look like I am drunk or have lost my mind. It's never the former and sometimes the latter.

I'm an aisleway lurker of both the local shopping center and the school library.

I'll question my professors in class if I think they might have something wrong or I think they could've explained something a lot better.

And if I subject you to an quick questioning attack, you have been honored with capturing my attention

Oh and you will see nerdiness galore, if you're around a lot. Both in cute eccentric fashion and overall style and suddenly weaving in wormholes and cloning into everything that is talked about.

Do not feed after midnight, but please do expose to sunlight. I need to be getting more sunlight so do not encourage my night owl tendencies

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Did I mention I cry easily?

*ruins hard image*

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Did I mention I cry easily?

*ruins hard image*
    JUST LIKE I AM ONLINE!!!!!!

WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Ginkgo

Hard to get to know. Once you know me, you'll have a dream in which you enter a gate with this figure engraved on it:

From there on, the possibilities are endless.

Just joking. But seriously. I baffle people because I socially adapt to the situation at hand. Impressions are gathered, but it's rare that anyone understands the true mechanics of me and my motivations. I think the majority of how my personality comes across is determined by whether I make positive decisions or negative decisions. That's quite vague, but to give a good example, training yourself to be at ease tends to put those around in at ease as well. When those around you are at ease, they trust everything they're unaware of, which is excellent unless someone tries to dupe them.

In general social settings, I'm fair, considerate, and gracious. One-on-one, it's all about corny jokes, sharing information, and laughing at silly silly things.

Phantonym

In everyday setting around people I'm not close to I'm quiet, reserved, very guarded, aloof, detached, always the observer, blending into the background, minding my own business. Eye contact is rare, I look "through" people, not connecting with them directly even though I am well aware that they're around. I don't ask personal questions even if I might have some, I quickly connect the dots from tidbits of information I receive.

I feel most at ease in places where people aren't around, only then I feel I can be truly like myself.

The difference between what I'm like in the forum/online and offline is that offline I rarely express my opinions on anything with people who are not in my inner circle. I'm quite vocal and open with people who are or with whom I feel comfortable to be around. It's easier to express myself in writing. Two sides of the same coin. Only select few get in. Ever.

Bored and wanting to go home.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

This is a cool question and it has been very interesting to read your responses!

I guess I am a bit of a chameleon. People can get very different impressions of me depending on their relationship to me, the settings they've seen me in, etc. In recent times, I've had feedback like "fun", "sensible" (actually I get those two quite a lot), "not innocent" , "warm", "open", "laid back", "refreshing", "cool", "compassionate", "kind". But I've also had "a loner", "very emotional and sensitive", and "harsh" (though that was in a specific situation where I described how I can get to the doorslam stage with people, and said "I know it seems harsh" and they agreed )

The people who think I'm a withdrawn loner, and the people who think I'm a mad socialite, don't get the full picture for sure - there are aspects of both in me. I guess I have quite a diverse life.

I think that one difference from my forum persona is that if I have a degree of comfort in a situation, I can be quite confrontational and outspoken. Not that I'm withdrawn here - more like walls of text when I do post. But IRL I can state my opinions so forcefully that people are caught between being impressed, and wanting to laugh - I can see it in their faces. It's partly because I genuinely am very easy going and don't care about some things enough to have much of an opinion. It's certainly been the case for years that people have been shocked when they run up against one of my brick walls suddenly, or I don't care much about something that a lot of people think important, but I have the strongest opinion you've heard about something relating to - well, probably literature, music, or ethics! I can also express opinions about people who have lost my respect that are so harsh that they leave the listeners briefly lost for words. I've seen it happen.

I'm a bit quicker to anger than you might assume from what you see here. I have a short fuse for things like bad customer service and if someone tries to pass the buck or blame me for something they did wrong, I am likely to move very fast into my "firmly angry" phase. I feel myself channelling my dad when I'm like that - I am a lot like him (generally mild-seeming and diplomatic - he gets "mild" a lot - sensitive and somewhat easily wounded on the inside, a more ferocious temper than you'd expect.) I can move from extremes of being very non-judgmental and allowing people too much slack, to condemning them, cutting them out of my life, and going from a great deal of love and affection to outright dislike and disdain. Not that a lot of people end up in this position with me, but when they do, they're going to have a hard time getting back to a place where they have my good opinion. And what's more, I think most people who have thoroughly lost my respect and good opinion know it, and they want to stay away from that henceforth.

I'm often told that I'm funny, sarcastic and ironic. I think it's partly my delivery. I have kind of a deep flat voice (hate it, considering I'm a woman...it's not the most feminine, unless you're a guy who really likes deep-voiced women!). I have a sort of automatic laid-back drawl, but I can come out with cutting and witty remarks in it and I think partly the contrast is funny.

People who get the full force of my more intellectual side (usually me ranting about my favourite poets or something) either just show their disinterest fairly quickly, or they are kind of fascinated and tell me how erudite I am, but ultimately I think it freaks quite a lot of people out. Men, anyway.

When my party girl side comes out, I scream and jump up and down at concerts, gush about how utterly hot cute guys are (I can be very Valley Girl sometimes - even more than sometimes), drink a bit too much, and generally look and act giddy.

When I cry in front of people, I have to be in a pretty bad way - and practically the first thing I do is apologise.

Out in public I tend to have "the thousand-yard stare" on my face. I either look deadly deadly serious, or spaced out, or have a tiny tiny smile on my lips. Sometimes something funny occurs to me and I laugh to myself and probably look totally crazy. I don't exactly get approached by men a lot, but I do get a lot of stares and quite a lot of comments, either relating to my looks or my height (probably more the latter, sometimes both). I think I tend to freak people out though. I don't look the friendliest a lot of the time. I have been told by many complete strangers to "smile" and "cheer up", though somewhat less so in recent years. I walk fast and people jump out of my way, especially men I have to admit that one of my favourite pastimes on my daily commute is making flirtatious eye contact with attractive men. HOwever, if they then approached me I'd probably be freaked out, in most cases...

I spend time at work, in activities with my church, walking around my city, having drinks or dinner or going to concerts etc with my friends, talking on the phone with my parents or brother or occasionally friends in other countries, finding cultural events to go to ranging from rock concerts and classical concerts to poetry readings, art exhibitions, etc etc, reading, watching DVDs, staying up too late, and so on...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I have to admit that one of my favourite pastimes on my daily commute is making flirtatious eye contact with attractive men. HOwever, if they then approached me I'd probably be freaked out, in most cases...
    LOL.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Honestly...I've realised I'm such a type 6 enneagram it hurts. I've got so much stuff swirling around the dichotomies of aggressiveness and shyness, protecting myself and lashing out, wanting authority figures in my life and still wanting autonomy and independence - I think that's just another manifestation of it. Again I identified with a lot of what @Marmie Dearest said, although I think she and I come across very differently (on the forum certainly) and are very different MBTI types - but both type 6s.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Pretty similar to here, although I'm probably a lot more vocal about expressing my thoughts here and in much more detail. In real life I'd only do it with the people in my inner circle, or with people seeking that out.