User Tag List

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you like IRL?

i don't exist in real life. haven't logged in in years, so they have deleted my profile.

Senior Member Array Lily flower's Avatar

People tell me all the time how funny I am, but I don't think it comes across on here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'm very quiet & reserved. I struggle with shyness. In a group, I fade into the walls & go with the flow. I'm one of those people you can know for years & not really know much about at all.

However, if you hit upon the right topic in a one-on-one conversation & I feel comfortable with you, then I can become relatively animated & somewhat intense.
    I'm pretty similar to OrangeAppled's description, at least this part of it. I'm probably not all that different in everyday life than I am on the forum -- I tend to be quiet and not say a whole lot. I'm absolutely terrible at casual conversation, and don't often participate. I have a better sense of humor than most people probably think at first glance -- but it tends to be focused on one-liners and insider jokes. Stand-up is not for me :p.

I spend most of my free time reading, watching movies, exercising, and (surprise) poking around online. I still play video games occasionally, but not as many as I used to. Used to play MMO's -- quit years ago, and these days I'll play an RPG once or twice a year, and Starcraft with friends once a week or so (that's more a social thing, though).

All in all, I'm probably not all that much different than anyone here who knows anything about me would expect. The only exception is that when I'm at work -- when I'm there, I'm almost always in a bad mood, at least to some extent. I tend to see the worst in things there, and range from "grump" to "sarcastic humorous grump". Most of that is just years of stress and frustration. I think that most likely any of my non-work friends or folks on the forum would be surprised (and likely disappointed) to know what I'm like while I'm there.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    6w5 sp/sx

Very, very quiet.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    i don't exist in real life. haven't logged in in years, so they have deleted my profile.
    Where do you go when you're offline? Do you float around in cyberspace?

I think I am probably exactly the same. Slightly less laid back maybe.

i can sometimes be witnessed sitting on park benches, curbstones, often eating nuts, drinking non-alcoholic beverage.
    my individualistic vintage clothing style may attract some attention, at least in my town.
    i wear a mala around my wrist and you may be able to tell that i don't wash or change most of my clothing often.
    there are many natural holes in my clothing.

i smile at the clerk, with attentive eyes, when i'm at the mall.
    my voice is very silent and light.
    people are not afraid to ask me for the way.
    beggars try to take advantage of me, before they ask anybody else. (i can hardly say no)

that's it for the most part.

(no, i don't have a work life)

years ago i was seen in self help groups but that was my old self.

i had a girl friend, last year and another one before that.. and oh well another one before that. they all found me on the internet, of course. we are still friends. i mean the last one.

people (mostly my girlfriends) sometimes describe me as an angel or ghost or as liquid, because i adapt so much to them in terms of behavior and emotion. i don't adapt (fake) my view of things. this part of me isn't different from how i post. but i won't talk about my views until asked. girlfriends are worried, because they can't introduce me to their friends, if they have any friends at all. i mean regular people. i can easily be introduced to sensitive philosophically inclined people, but i don't mix with anything worldly, solid, loud, practical, "fun", or conformist. i'd just sit there and freak them out with my silence. if they'd ask me anything, suggestive questions coming from their worldview, they couldn't digest the answer. little in my mind exists in their world. therefore i won't answer. i will somehow sneak out of their curiosity/focus with some friendly but half-assed short sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    Nah. :p
    Ok, lol. Just more serious than I come across IRL.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Senior Member Array

(underwhelming is probably a more apt description )

3w4 sp/sx

I'm a boring person who doesn't socialize much IRL -- I'm a closet extrovert. Mostly a loner because well I couldn't be bothered to go out.

I spend my time tumbling, trolling and gaming. I can be all out extrovert if I want to, just that there aren't many situations that permit this sort of behavior. I do love going to class though.