User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm probably the guy everybody thinks is a jerk, but the (few) ones that get to know me usually change their opinion.
    I mostly look bored. If I don't feel like smiling, I don't smile. Smile at me, and I will probably remain impassive. I hate when people expect me to act happy for no reason. But by my standards I'm very polite. I hate the ones that only greet people that have some kind of status.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I'm exactly as you perceive me to be.
    Without a face?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm pretty much the same. If you've seen my videos, you've seen me, for the most part.

In the past few months, I've gotten more involved in petty forum arguments that I really should have stayed away from, and in that respect I've been acting more like how I am in real life -- because I can't lurk in an argument and then back away from it in real life. I can't be quite so calm and hyper-reasonable without being able to proofread my responses -- and I'm too extroverted for that. So as a result, I'm less eloquent and quicker to anger irl.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Without a face?
    Other things are missing.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Me too! An ESFJ guy I befriended in recent months called me "a sudden extrovert" because I'll be so quiet..be so quiet...not talk to anybody...doing my own thing...but dude you get me excited or mad or hyper and I'll talk so much and so fast.

That's why I feel like an ambivert, seriously. I can get drained by people, and I'm quiet a lot of the time, do a lot of things alone...but then I'm so expressive, and can be so talkative at times, especially with people I feel comfortable with...or if I feel strongly about something, then go from 0-80 in like 5 seconds flat.
    I get drained by people at times, and I am the sort of person that loves their alone time. I think you are an extrovert anyway

I think Ne likes to be set off. Truly.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    For sure!! Except when you want it to set off... and then it refuses to. It's like herding cats.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    For sure!! Except when you want it to set off... and then it refuses to. It's like herding cats.
    I know, like I have to let my Ne just flow. Granted, it normally flows pretty heavily, but sometimes I get into a rut and my Ne flows in useless ways.

I've tried to herd my cats (now cat). Didn't work so well
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

:/ Second time writing this post . . .

IRL I'm not shy but I'm not extraverted either. I am outgoing though. I have no problem going up to someone I don't know and starting a conversation with them. (Not including someone who I precieve as creepy or makes me uncomfortable in some way)
    In class I'm the kid who is always asking questions but they are always relevant and sometimes insightful so people don't really mind, except for occassionally the professors when they don't know the answer, but over all I think they appreciate it.
    I'm pretty friendly and generous. If someone is quite I'll try to draw them out by asking a lot of questions.
    I have no issue with standing up for what I think is right and will argue my points irl just as I do on here. However, IRL people don't usually give their personal opinions on controversial issues very often so I don't find myself in that situation often.
    At my job, I have no problem with authority (not saying I couldn't) and am willing to work hard, often volunteering or suggesting work I could do. (That's not really saying a lot though as my job is pretty damn easy :p)
    I don't consider myself a very complex or special person, which I think is mostly attributed to my lack of emotions. (It's a long story as to how I got to be this way) However, I'm not completely emotionless, they are just often mild. I can still get stressed out though. I still have all the values though from when I was a very empathetic emotional person so I still act in ways I consider right or friendly or 'ideal' I guess you could say. In someways I feel being less emotional makes me more boring, but in other ways it doesn't have much of an impact.
    edit: o I forgot to add, my sense of humor IRL, I'm usually easily amused but the jokes I make I don't really consider to be very creative at all. To me they often seem like the obvious thing to say given the situation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm very quiet & reserved. I struggle with shyness. In a group, I fade into the walls & go with the flow. I'm one of those people you can know for years & not really know much about at all.

However, if you hit upon the right topic in a one-on-one conversation & I feel comfortable with you, then I can become relatively animated & somewhat intense. I usually make friends when in this mode or I scare people off/weird them out.

Strangers come up to me for therapeutic venting. I empathize almost against my will & give pretty good advice about stuff I have no real life experience with.

From a distance, people often find me aloof & I've been accused of being snobby & unfriendly. Most people tell me I am a lot nicer than they thought at first. I think a lot of people write me off as dull because they assume the surface is all there is & have no idea what goes on in my head/life.

I'm often subtly moody, but it's also hard to ruffle my feathers (unless you're my family; then I can be snappy). In public, I rarely show much emotion or expression, which is likely why people think I am disinterested or uninteresting, or both. I've learned to be a little more expressive/approachable, but I'm a work in progress there.

Just as I do online, I like to hear myself talk about theory & ideas & I can be a know-it-all (muwhahaha!). Sometimes people find this disagreeable, thinking I'm trying to argue, when I just want to "discuss".

I don't like to talk about my personal life or emotions. I'm very private in person, more so than online.

I'm very independent & pretty much a lone wolf. I do a lot alone without ever telling anyone about it, don't hang in cliques (I just know individuals I like), and hate to ask anyone for help.

Less expected may be that I am very spacey & can seem almost ditsy with obvious things. I'm a girly girl & I like avant-garde fashion a lot. I can dress a little strange at times. Possibly due to this, people are often surprised that I am book smart until they speak with me at length. People are also sometimes surprised I am not prissy or a goody-good; they are surprised I like whiskey & am not easily offended by off-color jokes & stuff like that.

I think I'm less serious in person. I wouldn't say I am funny, but I laugh a lot at both intentional & unintentional humor in others. I'm easily amused & delighted by absurdities in both situations & what people say.

I spend most of my time looking for work, doing whatever work I can scrape up, volunteering about 10 hours a week at my church, reading, listening to music, daydreaming, goofing off online, doing mundane chores, running errands, & doing occasional stuff with family/friends. I'm pretty broke right now & newly single, so my life is not very active at the moment. I'm trying to draw & do yoga more. I also write stuff I never show anyone. When I have the funds, I like to go to concerts & art museums/galleries a lot. I'll watch TV sometimes, but I can weeks without missing it. Most of my "hobbies" are just stuff I read about.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I get drained by people at times, and I am the sort of person that loves their alone time. I think you are an extrovert anyway

I take it pretty seriously when an ISTJ who has talked to me pretty much every day one-on-one for a year and a half says, "you're not an extrovert, and you are Se driven" when he himself is a self-described extreme introvert (like one of those people leaning 100%) and an obvious sensor.

I typed myself as an introvert for years before I came to this site. I only started considering extrovert when I was told that there were introverted-extroverts and extroverted-introverts, and that they're usually ENFP or ISFP.

Plus I always test as ambiverted or close on dichotomy tests.

I'm not sure how my propensity for writing equals extrovert when some of the most prolific writers in history have been introverts. And my reactivity could be due to Se, and personal issues, like having an anxiety disorder and being a counter-phobic 6.