Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    1) I have an extremely tall personality
    2) I speak much more slowly and less animatedly than I do here
    3) I have low tolerance IRL for clowns and other "funny people"
    Don't forget to tell them how your favorite snack is drinking the juice out of canned ham containers too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I'm very extraverted and well, quite friendly. I think I come across as quite serious and intellectual when I'm posting in online forums.
    I'm the opposite. I think whatever is behind the barrier...that can be accessed through me feeling comfortable within a group of people, or someone who gets me talking about something I'm interested in, or the way I get mad at people who know me well (the angel who acts like the devil when she's mad, my exes dad called it), or the way I loosen up and get loud when I'm drinking...comes across more here.

I let loose here. I've always liked expressing myself in writing though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Don't forget to tell them how your favorite snack is drinking the juice out of canned ham containers too.
    That is absolutely disgusting.

(and this is coming from someone who drinks pickle juice)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i'm pretty quiet, very laid back, kinda detached but nice, probably a little awkward. i'm stoned half the time and i laugh a lot and an spacey. my days mostly consist of sitting on my ass, chilling with my roommates and other friends that stop by, going to school, and occasionally going on adventures or other fun stuff. i like sitting on my stoop watching the crazy motherfuckers go past. and not so much now, because my computer died, but i usually watch a ton of tv shows and movies.

i don't really know how to say how that differs from my forum personality because i'm not sure how i come across.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'm actually quite bubbly and I giggle alot in conversations.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That is absolutely disgusting.

(and this is coming from someone who drinks pickle juice)
    That's different... Pickle juice is delicious, ham juice makes me feel queasy
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Oftentimes, I am also staring off into space and I get asked all the time 'what's wrong?' Like on here, I am really quick to react to statements and such, even if they aren't made to me (it's the motormouth, I tell you). I tend to be very personal, and not at all worried about asking all the details about a person's life, even upon first meeting them.

Hey, people like to talk about themselves. That revelation has helped me to become and excellent people person. I used to not be one so much. Well, not so smooth. I am also very flirtatious. The funny thing is, when I think a guy is cute, I can get kind of awkward. Like I'll stumble over words sometimes, and once I backed into music stands talking to am INTJ and almost fell over But overall I am fairly smooth. But when I'm not, I'm sure it gets funny.

I also talk 1384651421354 miles an hour. Especially if I get excited over a new idea.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    If you held a conversation with me, you'd find I'm very easy to get along with. I'll probably never argue with you or say anything to make you upset or angry in any way. In fact, I'll try very hard to make you feel accepted and will always be respectful of your feelings and opinions.

But if you put me with a group of strangers, I'll probably be the only one not socializing. Seriously, I can't do groups.
    I'm copying this simply because I'm the same way, except that since I've had more experience socializing now, I can sometimes get out of "shy" mode. It's really hard if I know no one. Typically I will focus on one individual for awhile, then move on and get to know one other person if I can, until time runs out. If that is not an option, I'll just listen to laugh/smile at what's going on and contribute if I can, but sometimes I end up not saying anything.

I've had some people open up to me. One woman asked my other friends if I was a therapist, because I walked into her cube, said hi, and within about 30 seconds this woman (some sort of introvert, which is bizarre) was telling me things about her failing marriage. I guess I strike the right pose between listening versus seeming to be prying, and I can seem sympathetic and can reframe things easily so people know I understand, without getting all gushy sympathetic. One of my best friends at work said that I have a quiet, calm, soothing voice. That typically seems to be the case; either I'm quiet and people don't notice me, or I'm quiet and people start talking to me and telling me things.

As far as other things, people who know me realize that I have a good sense of humor and can make people laugh. My role in the group, though, really depends on what slots are not being currently filled. I typically find a niche that is empty and fill that, and if I can't find a niche, I have no clue what to do. Typically in a group setting I also try to help people feel included, by either responding when they try to involve themselves and/or talking to them directly so they have a place. I'm pretty aware of when someone is feeling edgy or awkward.

When I'm not with my kids, I actually don't do much nowadays. I'm too tired from my commute at this point. My life during the week, after work, consists of coming home, eating dinner, going to the gym, doing a little online forum stuff, playing Rift / other computer games, watching a movie, or reading a book. After I get through some big changes this winter, my plan is to expand a bit, get out more, try to find some more groups to participate in (so that I can meet people... a dirty job, but I need some local friends), start up some old writing projects, and maybe find an outlet for my musical abilities.

Weekends, I can actually be a complete vegetable and spend the entire day inside (which typically happens when either it's way too humid/hot to go out or it's way too rainy to want to go out). However, since I'm single and live somewhere away from most of my friends, I also travel a lot to visit people, whether it's attending a picnic or party, or just going to visit someone one-on-one as far away as Baltimore/DC or Philadelphia. (Back in June or so, I went to NYC.) Otherwise, I typically leave the house either to shop (books and clothes) or to go hiking.

I don't know how I come across on the forum. I've had members here say, when they met me, that I was basically how I present myself here, no real surprises. I can be goofy, sardonic, momentarily earnest/serious/deep, over to brainy and geeking out, then right back into easy-going fun-poking.

I guess the one thing that might catch people off-guard is that I like to surprise people and do/say unexpected things just to see their reaction. So it's best not to dare me to do something; you just don't quite know if I'll decide to do it... or one-up it with something even more unexpected. I think some of the "nice girl" image is, in part, a way to make it even more crazy when I do something unexpected.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm exactly as you perceive me to be.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post

I also talk 1384651421354 miles an hour. Especially if I get excited over a new idea.
    Me too! An ESFJ guy I befriended in recent months called me "a sudden extrovert" because I'll be so quiet..be so quiet...not talk to anybody...doing my own thing...but dude you get me excited or mad or hyper and I'll talk so much and so fast.

That's why I feel like an ambivert, seriously. I can get drained by people, and I'm quiet a lot of the time, do a lot of things alone...but then I'm so expressive, and can be so talkative at times, especially with people I feel comfortable with...or if I feel strongly about something, then go from 0-80 in like 5 seconds flat.