User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

I'm pretty similar in both realms. I do have a pretty Type-A personality that doesn't manifest itself quite so quickly or clearly on the internets as it does in real life, where it appears to be glaringly obvious. I go into ESTJ shadow mode alarmingly quickly, and when I do, people seem to derive a cruel kind of amusement from the sight of me fretting about things.

Apart from that, no substantial differences, I don't think.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Pretty chill comparatively.

Most of my favorite parts of myself don't translate very well via type.

To really get me I think one would need to meet me in person.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

I'm not exactly shy, but I can be guarded IRL, even amongst people I have known for a while (and I have my reasons for this). I do take a while to become close to people and I only ever have a few close friends.

I still suck at talking on the phone/skype etc, I much prefer to speak in person as it feels much more open.

IRL I can be quite animated at times and I often speak with a loud voice when I do. I also smile a lot, even at complete strangers. So when people observe just this set of behaviour, they might assume I was extroverted if they didn't know better. (I've noticed ENTx types tend to assume you are extroverted if you try to match them intellectually)

But to everyone else, I think I come across as more laid back, and less 'clever', which I feel is generally a good thing. The nerdiness comes out when I become more animated.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I also mispronounce words often.
    Oh I do that too. I think it is the difference between a 'reading vocabulary' and a 'verbal vocabulary'.
    And something else which I'm not going to mention. I know someone is probably going to laugh when they read this, but whatever..

Glycerine

Normal state: Conflict avoidant, shy, "always on a mission", in my own little world, "sweet", always analyzing things around me, people watch a lot, fairly adaptable, calm, high strung, detached, reserved.

Sleep deprived/stressed: anxious, rebellious, emotive, talkative, reactive, somewhat hyperactive/high energy, critical. (as in less than 4 hours of sleep).

Sleep and stress changes my personality to a noticeable extent. Many of the rants and defensive posts come from the latter state.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Exactly like I am on here only less good looking, less clever, less social, less risque, and unfortunately less anonymous.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

even when I'm not talking, I put out a lot of energy. people tend to either be offended by it, overwhelmed by it or like "yes! he's here!" when I walk into a room. my energy is very sexual, but both in a masculine and feminine way, so people tend to either think I'm gay or extremely masculine.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

The Gun and the Persona

I am more real here than in real life.

In real life I have a persona, a personality, that takes me through the day. My persona is humorous and warm, but lacks the opportunity for poetic expression.

So you can see why I am so down on those who drag their persona onto Central like a wet blanket.

I am thinking of putting a big sign over Central which will say, "Please leave your persona at the door".

Some saloons in the Wild West had signs which said, "Leave your guns at the door". Well today, our persona serves the same purpose as a gun - both the gun and the persona are to defend ourselves from attack by other guns and other personas.

So be nice for me, leave your persona at the door.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have the gift of gab.

I like to be the life of the party, talk loudly, and crack jokes often. (when in the appropriate setting)

Sometimes I am as quiet as a stone. (depending on my mood)

When focused, I become absorbed entirely in my task, and everything else seems to fade away.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by fripping View Post
    I relate to this too much.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I am more real here than in real life.

In real life I have a persona, a personality, that takes me through the day. My persona is humorous and warm, but lacks the opportunity for poetic expression.

So you can see why I am so down on those who drag their persona onto Central like a wet blanket.

I am thinking of putting a big sign over Central which will say, "Please leave your persona at the door".

Some saloons in the Wild West had signs which said, "Leave your guns at the door". Well today, our persona serves the same purpose as a gun - both the gun and the persona are to defend ourselves from attack by other guns and other personas.

So be nice for me, leave your persona at the door.
    What do you mean by "dragging their persona here"? You mean they sound insincere?