User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Tell us something about your personality that doesn't usually show through your posts
    Stoic, dry sense of humor, polite to an extent, reserved, brooding, esoteric, creepy & solitary. As for appearance, I usually look like I've not bathed in a few days or I'm dressed to the nines.

Also, how do you usually spend your days and your free time?
    In my room and if something important forces me to come out, I'm doing that.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Tell us something about your personality that doesn't usually show through your posts.

I am painfully shy when i meet people initially, i am extremely quiet and not very engaging, this is generally mistaken as me being aloof or distant.

It is only once I'm comfortable with people or an environment that i will open up and the more gregarious and 'bubbly' Nij comes out to play. It took me nearly a year and a half of lurking to actually start posting here, that was after being scared off by a good natured joke after like my 5th post here initially.

I have deep social anxiety and after a night out where i actually have to interact with people, i will generally go over every conversation in my head with a fine toothed comb to make sure i didn't say anything stupid or that i didn't come off the wrong way, or say the wrong thing.

I have panic attacks when around too many people and really don't enjoy a huge level of social interaction unless i can see the direct benefit of it to me, like going to classes. I even have to quit out of vent when there are too many people in there, it just gets too overwhelming.

So yeah, that goes against most people's assessments based on my posts that i am a mis-typed ENFP. I would LIKE to be one, but sadly, no.

In my room, in my pillowfort, playing on my laptop and snuggling my kitten and kittehs.

SHUNNING THE OUTSIDE WORLD.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I'm always open but never unguarded. I blend in to whatever group I'm with without ever really being part of it, even if people see me as the ringleader I'm still removed and keep everyone at arms length because I doubt every friendship I have, I presume there is no base for it and because of this I won't initiate contact and therefore make my presumption true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    Tell us something about your personality that doesn't usually show through your posts.

I am painfully shy when i meet people initially, i am extremely quiet and not very engaging, this is generally mistaken as me being aloof or distant.

It is only once I'm comfortable with people or an environment that i will open up and the more gregarious and 'bubbly' Nij comes out to play. It took me nearly a year and a half of lurking to actually start posting here, that was after being scared off by a good natured joke after like my 5th post here initially.

I have deep social anxiety and after a night out where i actually have to interact with people, i will generally go over every conversation in my head with a fine toothed comb to make sure i didn't say anything stupid or that i didn't come off the wrong way, or say the wrong thing.

I have panic attacks when around too many people and really don't enjoy a huge level of social interaction unless i can see the direct benefit of it to me, like going to classes. I even have to quit out of vent when there are too many people in there, it just gets too overwhelming.

So yeah, that goes against most people's assessments based on my posts that i am a mis-typed ENFP. I would LIKE to be one, but sadly, no.

In my room, in my pillowfort, playing on my laptop and snuggling my kitten and kittehs.

SHUNNING THE OUTSIDE WORLD.
    The pilowfort-laptop-kitten-shunful image is to be expected but I can't envision much of the rest. It's interesting that you can keep that side unseen.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    The pilowfort-laptop-kitten-shunful image is to be expected but I can't envision much of the rest. It's interesting that you can keep that side unseen.
    Practise, lots and lots of practise.

My psychiatrist and my dad always tell me, "if you can't be, act as if." So i guess a lot of my 'appearance' of interacting with ease is a total front. Sometimes i feel like im dying inside. and nearly ALWAYS with new people i go home and over analyse everything, just to make sure i didn't do/say something wrong or off.

it used to drive my ISTJ ex crazy. He was actually quite social, with an established social group, and every time we'd go out somewhere, the FIRST thing i'd do when we'd get home was ask him "Did i do okay? Did i say anything wrong?"

Like the first meet up, i let you and @Catbert guide most of the conversation initially, which was aided by my being late as you'd both had time to sit and talk and then as i relaxed, i engaged more. I also do MUCH better in small groups. If there had have been more people there, i doubt i would have said much at all.

FAKE SOCIAL POWERZ, I HAZ DEM.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

I'm pretty much a recluse.

The other day, in my accounting class, I was sitting next to this guy, and I looked at him, and I said, "Hey, we have business law together." And he said, "Yeah." And I was so proud of myself because I spoke to another human being when I didn't have to.

I'm probably one of the most introverted people you will ever meet. I have to try really hard to be present in social situations, but sometimes I don't want to, so I go hide in a closet.

A former co-worker once said to me, "You're really nice, but you're rude as hell." And I understood exactly what he meant.

Also, I have found that people don't like my face. It is too inexpressive for them or something. Couple that with being mute and they usually assume I'm A HORRIBLE PERSON.

Whatever.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mae View Post
    I'm pretty much a recluse.

The other day, in my accounting class, I was sitting next to this guy, and I looked at him, and I said, "Hey, we have business law together." And he said, "Yeah." And I was so proud of myself because I spoke to another human being when I didn't have to.

I'm probably one of the most introverted people you will ever meet. I have to try really hard to be present in social situations, but sometimes I don't want to, so I go hide in a closet.

A former co-worker once said to me, "You're really nice, but you're rude as hell." And I understood exactly what he meant.

Also, I have found that people don't like my face. It is too inexpressive for them or something. Couple that with being mute and they usually assume I'm A HORRIBLE PERSON.

Whatever.
    I used to think that way about quiet women, now I know better. Nowadays I think she's just quiet because she has something going on, and is afraid she might let her secret slip out.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I used to think that way about quiet women, now I know better. Nowadays I think she's just quiet because she has something going on, and is afraid she might let her secret slip out.
    Or just completely and utterly socially incompetent and anxious.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mae View Post
    Or just completely and utterly socially incompetent and anxious.
    Those are just symptoms.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Those are just symptoms.
    Yes, well, I suppose you could make an argument for that if you wanted.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Plural.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.