User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do you hate Sci-Fi?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's boring.

8 66.67%
  • It's icky...I don't really know.

3 25.00%
  • It's stupid and unrealistic.

4 33.33%
  • It scares me.

2 16.67%
  • It doesn't scare me now, but scared me as a child and that left an impression.

5 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 67891018 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    What I dish out? Really? Have I ever gone into one of your threads and say "oh let's all personally attack Jenaphor for an opinion of something that has no real world importance." Have I done that? No I don't think I have.

I'm reporting you because you take pleasure in goading me, and you do it constantly, specifically toward me.
    This is my last response to you. Go take a look at how many times I've quoted you and how many times you've quoted me. Most often, I ignore you. Now cut the paranoid b/s. I was teasing you, not goading you. Stop being so reactive and thinking it's all about hurting you because it's not.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I like science fiction. I own Blade Runner and I don't own that many movies. I don't like rap and country music (some can be ok though). I hate horror movies. Too damn scary. I don't hate that many things though which is why your post and this thread is so funny.

No complicated explanation as to why I like these movies - just do. Tron was really good. So was that last Star Trek movie. Is Avatar science fiction or fantasy? That was awesome too.

My favorite authors are Brandon Sanderson, Lois McMaster Bujold, and Joan Vinge. All science fiction/fantasy.
    Yes I totally relate to what you're saying. I think it's such a subjective thing to specifically love or hate a certain "world" or "atmosphere" in a book or movie. My ex and I used to put old horror movies on because we both could just have them playing in the background, ones we'd seen repeatedly - mostly ghost-type stuff rather than slasher films for the atmosphere thing, like Don't Look Now with Donald Sutherland or The Shining or one of Dario Argento's flicks.

Same thing with 80's pop - I just love it, it makes me happy, I know some people find it unbearable. Oh well.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    This is my last response to you. Go take a look at how many times I've quoted you and how many times you've quoted me. Most often, I ignore you. Now cut the paranoid b/s. I was teasing you, not goading you. Stop being so reactive and thinking it's all about hurting you because it's not.
    Yeah let's all jump into a thread and attack Marm, count me in, are words that should never make a person defensive, especially when you haven't been a real friend to them in the past.

Whatever.

There's a difference even between Nico saying it and you saying it, because he's usually respectful toward me.

Yeah let's all jump into a thread and attack Marm, count me in, are words that should never make a person defensive, especially when you haven't been a real friend to them in the past.

Whatever.

There's a difference even between Nico saying it and you saying it, because he's usually respectful toward me.
    Right. So it's okay for you to go batshit on someone and ass-ume evil, wrong or bad intent even when there was none. I figured we've had peace for long enough that you wouldn't go freaky on me. Apologies for giving you more credit than deserved.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Right. So it's okay for you to go batshit on someone and ass-ume evil, wrong or bad intent even when there was none. I figured we've had peace for long enough that you wouldn't go freaky on me. Apologies for giving you more credit than deserved.
    Jenaphor if you were joking you would have said "oh I'm sorry I'm joking." You're just attacking me further. Go away.

Jenaphor if you were joking you would have said "oh I'm sorry I'm joking." You're just attacking me further. Go away.
    I would have had you not jumped my ass with the "reporting you", "tired of your shit" paranoid attack. Had you said something like "this makes me angry, how dare you say that", my response would have been much different.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would have had you not jumped my ass with the "reporting you", "tired of your shit" paranoid attack. Had you said something like "this makes me angry, how dare you say that", my response would have been much different.
    The initial fault is yours, you've been this way toward me in the past, and you know how I am. Also, there were already people making more subtle attacks on me rather than my opinion when you said it.

Quit shifting blame, ENTJ. GO AWAY.

The initial fault is yours, you've been this way toward me in the past, and you know how I am. Also, there were already people making more subtle attacks on me rather than my opinion when you said it.

Quit shifting blame, ENTJ. GO AWAY.
    I can't read your mind, Marm. We've had enough peace that a bit of gentle poking shouldn't have gotten your back up so far. This isn't goading. This is trying to understand how your mind works. I'm not a feeler. The dramatic response just floors me every time where sometimes, you're not dramatic. With the inconsistency, it's like a crap shoot.

Marm, you are overreacting.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I love it. It's my genre of choice.
    I'm with patches. I demand an option to express my love, via uno-click!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Marm, you are overreacting.

Agree. I just read over the interaction. The reaction is not warranted at all.