User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do you hate Sci-Fi?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's boring.

8 66.67%
  • It's icky...I don't really know.

3 25.00%
  • It's stupid and unrealistic.

4 33.33%
  • It scares me.

2 16.67%
  • It doesn't scare me now, but scared me as a child and that left an impression.

5 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 10181920212230 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    @Burning Rave, @93JC...thank you for believing.

This is the best of all the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    A lot of sci-fi is pretty bleak.

What did you think of The Road?
    I loved the road, especially the scenes involving cannibalism or when the guy stole the tent and all of their stuff and they caught up with him haha, omg, seriously, that was a laugh-a-minute film.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Way too depressing. Shut it off after the first 30 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    I loved the road, especially the scenes involving cannibalism or when the guy stole the tent and all of their stuff and they caught up with him haha, omg, seriously, that was a laugh-a-minute film.
    Sorry, I meant the book not the movie YOU ILLITERATES!

(it did win the Pulitzer)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I can't believe you guys are talking about sci-fi like it's Christianity or Islam. Thank you for believing?

You guys are basically being douches by saying "HUR DUR U DONT LIK SCI-FI CUZ U TOO DUMMMM OR CANT UNDERSTAND."

I've also heard all of the arguments for what there is the the genre under the themes, but you can say that of ANY GENRE.

Taking over this thread like you guys are being oppressed by the idea that a small group of people may have a strong distaste for something you like is just retarded.

Like seriously, I'm still thinking there's something wrong with you people, and by "you people" I mean the ones who are making this personal.

Sorry, I meant the book not the movie YOU ILLITERATES!

(it did win the Pulitzer)
    Wow, they made a book out of the movie? Awesome...I bet it's a graphic novel.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    Wow, they made a book out of the movie? Awesome...I bet it's a graphic novel.
    "From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."

That's some good writin'. Shame it was only first used in a Star Trek sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I can't believe you guys are talking about sci-fi like it's Christianity or Islam. Thank you for believing?

You guys are basically being douches by saying "HUR DUR U DONT LIK SCI-FI CUZ U TOO DUMMMM OR CANT UNDERSTAND."

I've also heard all of the arguments for what there is the the genre under the themes, but you can say that of ANY GENRE.

Taking over this thread like you guys are being oppressed by the idea that a small group of people may have a strong distaste for something you like is just retarded.

Like seriously, I'm still thinking there's something wrong with you people, and by "you people" I mean the ones who are making this personal.
    Why are making a big deal out of this? It's just a thread about sci-fi and people who like it and people who don't like it. Obviously the people who hate sci-fi are all closet-nerds who refuse to admit that they masturbate furiously to the sound of coffee makers b/c when the coffee maker is grinding the beans it kinda sounds like Chewbacca. Also, it's only a matter of time before people realize that Transformers is science fiction and that Elfboy loves Ace of Base and Transformers is like the Elvis of Sci-Fi, not bad for being so white, but will never be better than chuck berry. I can't think fo anything else to say, but I think you have no honor.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    [YOUTUBE="53Uk1KITymI"]Funny you should chose that wording.[/YOUTUBE]
    How awfully unpleasant.

You appear to be the only one making this personal.

EDIT:

Note to self: The atheist nerd species who seem to pride themselves on their rationality and reason, who claim they would never fall so low as to do something like believe in religion have misappropriated their own fanatical religious tendencies toward fictional novels about large worms, talking robots, and space ships.
    See? Other people are talking about the merits of the genre. You're flying off the handle about "the atheist nerd species who seem to pride themselves on rationality and reason".

"From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."

That's some good writin'.
    It ought to be, being Melville and all.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    It ought to be, being Melville and all.
    Stop being obvious!