User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do you hate Sci-Fi?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's boring.

    8 66.67%
  • It's icky...I don't really know.

    3 25.00%
  • It's stupid and unrealistic.

    4 33.33%
  • It scares me.

    2 16.67%
  • It doesn't scare me now, but scared me as a child and that left an impression.

    5 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 8161718192028 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 330

  1. #171
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    FOREVER AND EVVVEERRRRRRRRR - AAHHHHHHHHHH
    I DON'T WANNA CLOOOOSE MY EEEEEEEEYES!

  2. #172
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    I've found that those who don't like sci-fi are usually Sensors. Probably an 8:1 ratio of S to N.

  3. #173
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I DON'T WANNA CLOOOOSE MY EEEEEEEEYES!
    DONT WANNA FALL ASLEEP CAUSE I MISS YOU BABEH
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  4. #174
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    AND I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING!

  5. #175
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    @MacGuffin It might be true, I don't know.

    I have a friend who loves science-fiction who once told me that she thinks I'm more intellectual than she is. And she's the person who convinced me to give a lot of sci-fi a try, because she wanted me to appreciate the underlying themes, because she knew I was capable of it.

    However, a lot of it just too dry and depressing...a lot of sci-fi is horrendously bleak. There are so many reasons why I don't like sci-fi, and many of them are purely aesthetic.

  6. #176
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Your new avatar is really creepy.
    Creepy? Hardly. Happy should be the word.

  7. #177
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    DONT WANNA FALL ASLEEP CAUSE I MISS YOU BABEH
    I'll take soundtrack singles from aging American rock bands for 400 Alex.

  8. #178
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Getting this worked up about science fiction is surely a symptom of taking fiction much more seriously than you actually should be taking real life.

    And now for some mooooood music, for all of you who think you're so SMRT.

    Yeah.... I think that's a strange thing to call reality... Since reality is defined by the person that sees it... So science fiction is in essence a reality and then again not the only reality that exists. So by saying reality is a crutch you're calling yourself crutched as well. There is nothing better about the intangible than the tangible. You couldn't prove it otherwise, or better said at least with the tangible you can prove without a doubt its existence. I can't say that you're wrong though because I'll be appealing towards ignorance. In this instance though no one can prove any reality more valid than another as long as we all live. Calling it a crutch is a slight lunacy in my opinion. Maybe I'm just butthurt? Prbly.

  9. #179
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    @MacGuffin It might be true, I don't know.

    I have a friend who loves science-fiction who once told me that she thinks I'm more intellectual than she is. And she's the person who convinced me to give a lot of sci-fi a try, because she wanted me to appreciate the underlying themes, because she knew I was capable of it.

    However, a lot of it just too dry and depressing...a lot of sci-fi is horrendously bleak. There are so many reasons why I don't like sci-fi, and many of them are purely aesthetic.
    A lot of sci-fi is pretty bleak.

    What did you think of The Road?

  10. #180
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    However, a lot of it just too dry and depressing...a lot of sci-fi is horrendously bleak. There are so many reasons why I don't like sci-fi, and many of them are purely aesthetic.
    And yet you don't like Star Trek, one of the most happy, feel-y, sappy sci-fi stories out there.

Similar Threads

  1. An Idea for a Science Fiction Thriller based on neuroscience
    By grey_beard in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2015, 04:31 PM
  2. Who are your Top Ten Favorite Fictional People
    By ladypinkington in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 01-10-2015, 06:29 AM
  3. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 08:09 AM
  4. What is the purpose of Science Fiction?
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 06:53 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO