User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do you hate Sci-Fi?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's boring.

8 66.67%
  • It's icky...I don't really know.

3 25.00%
  • It's stupid and unrealistic.

4 33.33%
  • It scares me.

2 16.67%
  • It doesn't scare me now, but scared me as a child and that left an impression.

5 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 4121314151624 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    But the sci-fi I am talking about is space exploration, space wars, and space colonization!
    I liked Armageddon, (Bruuuuuuuce. Lol.) but that's not what you mean.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    But the sci-fi I am talking about is space exploration, space wars, and space colonization!
    Idk somehow the futuristic thinking imaginations of people seem like the acceleration of one possible evolution which is geared away from humanity. In my opinion the human interests in the futuristic imagination are obsolete and the tones of the stories counter intuitive.

Ginkgo

I think we all know, deep within the corridors of our heart and its arteries, who the winner here is. You may try to deny, but sci-fi will never deny you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    And I've explained to you that I'm being forthright, no subterfuge or anything, wide open. Why are you determined to hold onto an inaccurate perspective? Why can't you ever meet me halfway?
    Because you're not meeting me halfway. You're asking me to see my paranoia, and I'm asking you to see your tendency toward being controlling and condescending. Actually I think the condescension may be your method of taking control, so it's really just one thing.

If your apology is sincere, I will accept it. I apologize for misinterpreting you.

However, my recommendation in the future is that while apologizing to someone you refrain from the impulse to pick them apart and tell them what's wrong them. People don't like that. It makes your apology seem insincere even if you didn't intend for it to.

I've experienced this with two other self-typed NTJs on this site, not just you. But not all NTJs.

What the hell is that, Ginkgo - penisaurus rex?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What the hell is that, Ginkgo - penisaurus rex?
    You're right. Mine is The King.

ThatGirl

All I asked for were sharks with freaking lazer beams attached to their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Because you're not meeting me halfway. You're asking me to see my paranoia, and I'm asking you to see your tendency toward being controlling and condescending. Actually I think the condescension may be your method of taking control, so it's really just one thing.

If your apology is sincere, I will accept it. I apologize for misinterpreting you.

However, my recommendation in the future is that while apologizing to someone you refrain from the impulse to pick them apart and tell them what's wrong them. People don't like that. It makes your apology seem insincere even if you didn't intend for it to.

I've experienced this with two other self-typed NTJs on this site, not just you. But not all NTJs.
    I accept your apology.

I'd like this cycle to stop on a permanent basis between the two of us which is why I've continued to pursue. Understand that while I may share commonalities with other NTJs, your experiences with them are separate, as they too are different people. I don't judge you by other ISFPs so do me a favour and don't judge me like other NTJs.

Also understand that I don't tease people I don't like. The more I dislike someone, the more distance I put between them and myself since they're a waste of time.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I accept your apology.

I'd like this cycle to stop on a permanent basis between the two of us which is why I've continued to pursue. Understand that while I may share commonalities with other NTJs, your experiences with them are separate, as they too are different people. I don't judge you by other ISFPs so do me a favour and don't judge me like other NTJs.

Also understand that I don't tease people I don't like. The more I dislike someone, the more distance I put between them and myself since they're a waste of time.
    Okay thank you for explaining this. I actually respect your intent to pursue this to put an end to it. That is something I value highly.

Yes, I have had experiences with NTJs where their apology seemed more laced with "oh sorry you're upset, but I think you're irrational and possibly crazy" than sincere apologizing, then they wondered why I was still mad or hurt. Or just straight up cases of them consistently picking me apart or "analyzing" me in a condescending way then acting surprised that I didn't like that behavior and felt extremely bothered by it.

But I will judge you in the future based upon your individual actions alone.

We can start over, clean slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Okay thank you for explaining this. I actually respect your intent to pursue this to put an end to it. That is something I value highly.

Yes, I have had experiences with NTJs where their apology seemed more laced with "oh sorry you're upset, but I think you're irrational and possibly crazy" than sincere apologizing, then they wondered why I was still mad or hurt. Or just straight up cases of them consistently picking me apart or "analyzing" me in a condescending way then acting surprised that I didn't like that behavior and felt extremely bothered by it.

But I will judge you in the future based upon your individual actions alone.

We can start over, clean slate.
    Thanks and reciprocated. back atcha', NT style of non-hug!