User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do you hate Sci-Fi?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's boring.

8 66.67%
  • It's icky...I don't really know.

3 25.00%
  • It's stupid and unrealistic.

4 33.33%
  • It scares me.

2 16.67%
  • It doesn't scare me now, but scared me as a child and that left an impression.

5 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 3111213141523 Last

I'd rather see a good thriller, than a movie about the world being taken over by electronic cockroaches.

ThatGirl

Agreed.

Ginkgo

One cool thing about science fiction is that it opens up possibilities for entirely new histories to be uncovered. For instance, finding a remote planet with the remnants of a dead civilization would be quite thought provoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Dude, I said several posts back that I know I'm sensitive and that I'm a counter-phobic 6. AND YOU JUST KEEP GOING ON AND ON, like ...examine your behavior! Blah blah blah. And I'm telling you to examine YOURS. What don't you get?
    So, admitting to being sensitive and being a cp6 makes it okay to accuse me of nefarious deeds and ill intent. When you apologise, are you happy when some one throws it back into your face and calls you a cunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I'd rather see a good thriller, than a movie about the world being taken over by electronic cockroaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Agreed.
    But the sci-fi I am talking about is space exploration, space wars, and space colonization!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Even the possibilities in Sci Fi seem dry to me.
    In some instances yes, but in some instances the creativity shown is fucking amazing, add to that a wild imagination and long after the film/book/programme has finished, the individual can still continue the story.

Or maybe thats just me
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    One cool thing about science fiction is that it opens up possibilities for entirely new histories to be uncovered. For instance, finding a remote planet with the remnants of a dead civilization would be quite thought provoking.
    I just pictured Event Horizon for some reason. Or that one where they have to save the sun.

That could be cool though. Like they learn the history of some ancient civilization, THEN, the more they come to understand it the more they morph into the modern day version, reviving the society as a new powerful entity! Only a few people, the dummies, who are not affected by progress, can see the changes occuring, and start on a crucial mission to save existence!!!!

Or something. Lol.

Ginkgo

I just pictured Event Horizon for some reason. Or that one where they have to save the sun.

That could be cool though. Like they learn the history of some ancient civilization, THEN, the more they come to understand it the more they morph into the modern day version, reviving the society as a new powerful entity! Only a few people, the dummies, who are not affected by progress, can see the changes occuring, and start on a crucial mission to save existence!!!!

Or something. Lol.
    Exactly. You can do anything with science fiction, so long as lasers are involved.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    So, admitting to being sensitive and being a cp6 makes it okay to accuse me of nefarious deeds and ill intent. When you apologise, are you happy when some one throws it back into your face and calls you a cunt?
    Jenaphor go back and read all of your posts, just like you told me to do. You tell me to look for the defensiveness. Well why don't you go look for the condescension and superiority tripping and self-righteousness in yours?

I told you why your apology seems shady to me. It seems backhanded. At this point, I feel that you are just trying to be right. It is very odd.

Are your feelings actually hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Jenaphor go back and read all of your posts, just like you told me to do. You tell me to look for the defensiveness. Well why don't you go look for the condescension and superiority tripping and self-righteousness in yours?

I told you why your apology seems shady to me. It seems backhanded. At this point, I feel that you are just trying to be right. It is very odd.

Are your feelings actually hurt?
    And I've explained to you that I'm being forthright, no subterfuge or anything, wide open. Why are you determined to hold onto an inaccurate perspective? Why can't you ever meet me halfway?