User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Default Which types are usually gothic?

I'm not saying goths are that usual (though they are more conformist than they think) but what types do you think primarily make up the goth population? I'm inclined to think it's mostly made up of STs/NFs, with STPs and NFJs in particular.

For a more broad question: What do you think/ feel about the gothic look and the people who manifest it in themselves?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I like a lot of the same things gothic people like...horror movies, cemetaries, Edgar Allen Poe short stories...but I find the look largely aesthetically unappealing. I don't like it when people have a bunch of piercings in their face (I mean in the sense of being attracted to someone sexually, I don't care what other people do with their faces) but some women in particular manage to pull it off really well, depending on how they look to begin with and how well they decorate themselves.

I respect their decision to get more heavily into the subculture or the "look" but it's not for me, though I went through a phase of black and purple lipstick and baby powder on my face in the 9th grade.

Some goth people are irritating, because they try too hard. That's annoying. But one of my friends is goth and she's cool.

Oh...as for types...I would think NFs and SPs...but it may not even be type related, I don't know.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

My guess would be Fi dom 4's.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

There are so many subcultures within this counterculture that I don't think you could ever type the whole counterculture's "vibe" as one type or temperament. Goth is also a cliche in the mainstream now, which means it's going to attract a different kind of person than it originally did.

I mean there are some goths who are into metal music & violent images, and something about these always strike me as INTx, as they put up a cynical, detached front. Then there are the more romantic, "traditional" goths of the 80s who like atmospheric music with poetic lyrics & dark, but not gory images. These strike me as NF & SFP.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I've known alot of gothic ISFP's, INFP's, INTP's, and INTJ's suprisingly. I think you see it more in e 4 and 5.

There was a gothic club that my friends and I frequented when we were about 15 to 16-ish. It was owned by this middle aged biker chick named Penny. We had such a blast there.. especially on fetish night. And really, I'm pretty sure I saw just about every mbti type in that club at some point. If I had to say which types would be the least likely to go goth.. I'd probably say ISTP and ESTJ.

Edit: Most of the ISTP's I have known follow more of a "your not your fucking khakis" mentality.. and the few ESTJ's I've known seem to be think stuff like that is nutty.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    mostly made up of STs/NFs, with STPs and NFJs in particular.
    Heh? I'd think these were possibly the two least likely type groups to be gothic, along with STJs and probably NTPs.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Every except SFJ.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan