User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I can't fathom how they can't see it. I'm just like...what is wrong with you? Are you out of touch with reality? Did you fail World Civ in high school?
    Right back at you kiddo.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Right back at you kiddo.
    I think I have more life experience than many conservatives. That's how it often strikes me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Or rather, a more varied life experience rather than a sheltered middle-class existence.

A lot of upper middle class people who have traveled the world did it in an upper middle class way, and so therefore missed a lot of what they should have seen, and ignored people they maybe should have paid attention to.

Then you have the working class conservatives who have often not left their home state, or in some cases even their county.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I think I have more life experience than many conservatives. That's how it often strikes me.
    why?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    why?
    Because usually liberal people are liberal because they are capable of seeing the experience of other people outside of their own, much like the science article that was posted about conservatives not even following your gaze when you look at something.

The rigidity is a form of stupidity.

They could be brilliant in maths, or farming, or history, or science...but if they're that socially limited, that is a form of intelligence fail.

Or simply a lack of life experience.

Like I said in a another thread, I often can empathize with why working class people are Republicans...I am capable of grasping it, but I expect MUCH MORE of educated people with the ways and means to get out and see the fucking world.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Because usually liberal people are liberal because they are capable of seeing the experience of other people outside of their own, much like the science article that was posted about conservatives not even following your gaze when you look at something.
    The rigidity is a form of stupidity.
    They could be brilliant in maths, or farming, or history, or science...but if they're that socially limited, that is a form of intelligence fail.
    Or simply a lack of life experience.
    Like I said in a another thread, I often can empathize with why working class people are Republicans...I am capable of grasping it, but I expect MUCH MORE of educated people with the ways and means to get out and see the fucking world.
    I am neither Republican nor conservative, but don't you think you're over generalizing?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I am neither Republican nor conservative, but don't you think you're over generalizing?
    Sure, but not in your case. I know you lack life experience and are very young.

Some people just openly have a morally bankrupt value system. That's why some other people are conservative.

Others are so drowned in Christian belief they can't seperate their religion from economics.

Also, actual statistics show that around 90% of libertarians are ...white men. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

missed a lot of what they should have seen
    And who are you to be the arbiter determining who should see what?

I can understand the point of view, and to a certain extent empathize with it... I just don't agree.

And to be perfectly honest, I think that the way in which I came to my point of view is just as understandable, reasonable, and justifiable as the way in which you came to yours.

At the most general level, and concerning relevant information for determining one's political outlook, I know I'm just as well informed as you.

That's not to say that we haven't encountered different information that has played a formative role in the development of our respective political outlooks, we have.

But everyone encounters different info (read life experiences) that leads them to believe what they do.

You have no unique or sole claim to being right just because you grew up the way you did, knew the people and places you did, or encountered a certain set of experiences.

To claim otherwise, specifically referring to those who different political views, is horribly narrow minded and more than a bit hypocritical. Especially given the fact that you complain most strongly about those in the political opposition who act in a similarly narrow minded fashion to the way you are now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    And who are you to be the arbiter determining who should see what?

I can understand the point of view, and to a certain extent empathize with it... I just don't agree.

And to be perfectly honest, I think that the way in which I came to my point of view is just as understandable, reasonable, and justifiable as the way in which you came to yours.

At the most general level, and concerning relevant information for determining one's political outlook, I know I'm just as well informed as you.

That's not to say that we haven't encountered different information that has played a formative role in the development of our respective political outlooks, we have.

But everyone encounters different info (read life experiences) that leads them to believe what they do.

You have no unique or sole claim to being right just because you grew up the way you did, knew the people and places you did, or encountered a certain set of experiences.

To claim otherwise, specifically referring to those who different political views, is horribly narrow minded and more than a bit hypocritical. Especially given the fact that you complain most strongly about those in the political opposition who act in a similarly narrow minded fashion to the way you are now.
    It's narrow minded to only embrace the white middle to upper class perspective, and that's that.

I have friends from all social classes and from other countries.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have friends from all social classes and from other countries
    As do I.