NO U
    Which one of me?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    My point was that people's beliefs are a lot broader than the two sides that seem to be at war in this country would have you believe. About a year ago I became frustrated with the inanity of a news program, thinking about how you have to be One or The Other and they're so extreme! Not to mention the fact that some people are more far left, some are more centrist, and some are far right...and everything in between. You can be liberal and not believe in every single thing the Democrats have to offer, or pledge allegiance to every special interest group.

And what is even more unfortunate, in my opinion, is that the only popular third option seems to be this extremist anarcho-capitalist bullshit.

I've had someone break it down for me why voting Green Party would be a waste of time and like losing a vote for the Democrats...and I honestly feel at this point, with my personal beliefs, that my job is basically more to keep Republicans OUT of office because they're so fucking insane, rather than vote for the right Democrat, or go with my real inner morality and vote for someone who might represent a fringe liberal group.

I don't do "symbolic" voting, because it's impractical bullshit. I'm not going to vote for some sideline candidate to "make a statement" because it just further jeopardize the very real conditions of very real human beings in this country.

I'm just ranting now, but part of the reason why I find this all so ludicrous is because being "liberal" or "conservative" isn't always such a black and white thing, when it comes down to it.
    There is nothing on Earth that we share!
    It is either Valjean - or Javert!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I have to call BS on that. Skinny white women who like the lunch buffet at WH, aspire to have nannies, like to bathe with French milled organic soaps and wear Lululemon to do yoga 5x a week are not necessarily liberal. Not by a long shot.

I'm wondering what the definitions for liberal or conservative here are. OP! Define the terms :P

I would also vote 2:1 than in the photos of all the 'liberal women' with the exception of the last older hippie looking women, they are just as likely to be against gay marriage and just as likely to 'greatly prefer dating within their own race' as their conservative counterparts.

You can certainly guess peoples lifestyles as in how how much they like to party, what kind of drugs they like, how much control do they like to exert on their environment, how spiritual they are, etc. by their appearance but lifestyle doesn't necessarily translate to ethical stances or political views etc. Ted Nugent is an awesome example of this.
    I think an important distinction here is that, while we can't necessarily deduce what a person's specific views are on individual issues, we can deduce what that person most likely fancies his/her self to be. So while the "skinny white woman" at Whole Foods may indeed prefer dating white guys only, or may think being gay is nasty, or whatever, she may still consider herself "liberal" as opposed to "conservative."

There are a lot of pseudo-liberals running around (especially at university) who label themselves as such because they think it's the only acceptable thing to be in their particular setting, or they think it's "cool," but they have no more nuanced an understanding of the issues than Michele Bachmann (probably less, actually) and they have (like her) a deep lack of self-reflexivity and critical thinking skills.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Ok. Based on my appearance, am I a liberal or conservative?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It is fairly obvious Johnny Ramone is conservative in this picture.

Why on earth are leather jackets and ripped jeans considered conservative?

Of course, I dress like that picture on most days, and I am 'conservative'....

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Why on earth are leather jackets and ripped jeans considered conservative?

Of course, I dress like that picture on most days, and I am 'conservative'....
    I don't know... I was kidding.

This is a funny thread. I guess people's values influence their behaviour including what style they choose... but enough to reverse engineer it and use it to measure some value? I doubt it.... but then this is a typology forum. Some people are pulling that crap all the time.

Glycerine

Conservative

Liberal

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Conservative

Liberal

It's actually more subtle than that.

Liberal:

Conservative:

Liberal:

Conservative:

Liberal:

Conservative:

EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Glycerine

I was joking around. It's hard to tell whether people are conservative or liberal politically just by looking at them. Most people I talk to at first assume that I am highly religious, conservative person. Talking would probably be the best way to tell.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Actually, it pretty simple to make the difference.

If the person like to eat sushi and drink tea, it's a liberal, if it prefer to eat hamburger and drink beer, it's a conservative.

If the person like badminton and capoeira, it's a liberal, if he prefer tennis and golf, it's a conservative.

If the guy wear briefs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briefs) it's a liberal, if he wears boxer shorts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_shorts) it's a conservative.

If the guy like Nirvana and Radiohead, he is probably liberal, if he prefer Guns'n Roses and Metallica, he is probably conservative.

If the guy prefer the movie Amélie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Am%C3%A9lie), it's a liberal, if the guy prefer the movie Rocky 4 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_4) it's a conservative.

If the person prefer The Clash, it's a liberal, if the person prefer The Ramones, it's a conservative.

If the person idolize James Deans, it's a liberal, if he idolize Elvis Presley, it's a conservative.

If the guy prefer U2 and Elton John, it's a liberal, if he prefer Scorpions and Survivor, it's a conservative.

If the girl have a poster of Gandhi in her bedroom, she is liberal, if she has a poster of Britney Spears, she is conservative.

If the person drive an electric car, it's a liberal, if the person drive a Chrysler, it's a conservative.

If the girl dress like Avril Lavigne (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ss_cropped.jpg), she is a liberal, if she dress like Ann Coulter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:An...Cut_image).jpg), she is a conservative.

It works fairly well.
    wow so ezzzz.