User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

thinking nascar has many conservative people. johnny might have been there as well as the other guy

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Obvious Liberal Women are Obvious

I have to call BS on that. Skinny white women who like the lunch buffet at WH, aspire to have nannies, like to bathe with French milled organic soaps and wear Lululemon to do yoga 5x a week are not necessarily liberal. Not by a long shot.

I'm wondering what the definitions for liberal or conservative here are. OP! Define the terms :P

I would also vote 2:1 than in the photos of all the 'liberal women' with the exception of the last older hippie looking women, they are just as likely to be against gay marriage and just as likely to 'greatly prefer dating within their own race' as their conservative counterparts.

You can certainly guess peoples lifestyles as in how how much they like to party, what kind of drugs they like, how much control do they like to exert on their environment, how spiritual they are, etc. by their appearance but lifestyle doesn't necessarily translate to ethical stances or political views etc. Ted Nugent is an awesome example of this.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I have to call BS on that. Skinny white women who like the lunch buffet at WH, aspire to have nannies, like to bathe with French milled organic soaps and wear Lululemon to do yoga 5x a week are not necessarily liberal. Not by a long shot.

I'm wondering what the definitions for liberal or conservative here are. OP! Define the terms :P

I would also vote 2:1 than in the photos of all the 'liberal women' with the exception of the last older hippie looking women, they are just as likely to be against gay marriage and just as likely to 'greatly prefer dating within their own race' as their conservative counterparts.

You can certainly guess peoples lifestyles as in how how much they like to party, what kind of drugs they like, how much control do they like to exert on their environment, how spiritual they are, etc. by their appearance but lifestyle doesn't necessarily translate to ethical stances or political views etc. Ted Nugent is an awesome example of this.
    Are you serious? Usually women who shop at places that heavily emphasize things like recycling and environmentalism are liberals...it's like a whole lifestyle, I think a lot of Fe types are as into the culture sometimes as you could be with organized religion. My point with the Whole Foods lady were her worn, untied combat boots coupled with the recycling symbol on her whole foods bag...the first old lady is barefoot and wearing crystals...the girl at whole foods and the girl with the tats could be questionably a Libertarian...but generally they're socially liberal...gay rights is not the only feature of being a liberal, though that was my point with rainbow hat lady.

It's also probably not a good idea to take my examples too seriously since I posted pictures of women from a freakin' cult and Dana Carvey's church lady character from SNL.

Ted Nugent is an OBVIOUS EXAMPLE OF A CONSERVATIVE. HE'S WEARING A HUGE FUCKING CONSERVATIVE SYMBOL - A REBEL FLAG. Partying? No. that wasn't my point at all.

Anyway, now for some mood music.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    what would they look like out the public?
    I say very good, yakimadude.
    Fashion is the exact measure.

A conservative pays attention to her surroundings.
    It is therefore she looks ridiculous.
    Surroundings is yesterday.
    Future is now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So would the OP like to guess if any of these people are conservative or liberal by their...attire?

MBTI
    GONE

Ted Nugent's raging right wing-ism only came out in his appearance later in life though, right? As in he wasn't rocking the American flag.

I was only commenting on the WH example (not the ultra conservative ones) because my point is that a lot of the trappings that are being alluded to as 'liberal dress' and 'conservative dress' is just fashion or represents another lifestyle orientation like 'aspirational' rather than a political leaning. The girl in the WH pics looks pretty fashionable and has a bag from TopShop as well. It's very hip to recycle and use your own bags in lieu of plastic or paper. And conservatives recycle too, because it's the law. :P

I've also swam through hordes of people who may dress "liberal" and seemingly 'outside the mainstream' but their views are pretty mainstream when it comes to gender roles, homosexuality, immigrants, race, foreign policy, etc.

So no, I would say to the OP that often you can't tell. The only thing you can really tell from dress is lifestyle preferences. They may be 'liberal' in their usage of alcohol, drugs, or casual sex and have other 'liberal lifestyle' views, but you can't equate liberal lifestyle = left political views.

But see, I kinda assume people rest right of center unless proven otherwise.

I'm becoming the @Speed Gavroche of this thread! Huzzah!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

Johari/Nohari

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

values stressed by liberals.

Harm/Care: Reflects your concern with preventing any kind of harm to others. We generally dislike pain and discomfort and try to avoid inflicting this experience on others. This foundation underlies the virtues of kindness and gentleness.

Fairness/Reciprocity: Reflects your concern with ensuring that others are treated fairly and that a good deed is repaid in kind. This is important for cooperating with other people.

values possessed/ empasized by conservatives

Ingroup/Loyalty: Reflects your concern with acting with the interests of your social group at heart. For example, friends, family, and country.

Authority/Respect: Reflects your concern with trying to respect and maintain the legitimate leadership structure in which you live. We often strive to maintain the traditions of our society.

Purity/Sanctity: This is driven by the need to avoid contamination and is linked to the emotion of disgust. It reflects the need to avoid disgusting experiences; and from a spiritual perspective it is important to prevent contamination of the spirit or soul.

In on of the previous threads I made, someone showed me a video that pointed the difference between conservatives and liberals. it is not a stretch of imagination to see johnny ramone or that ted guy as being conservative.

they share no doubt the 3 values but 1 stands out more then the others.....

Ingroup/Loyalty: Reflects your concern with acting with the interests of your social group at heart. For example, friends, family, and country.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think you're taking this thread much more seriously than I am.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I've read (on a Science Daily article) that you can tell someone's political leanings by looking at them. When looking at/speaking to a liberal, they if you look to the side at something else, they will follow your gaze to see what you are looking at. Conservatives will not follow your gaze (the researchers suggest that they feel being forced to follow another's attentions might be seen as some kind of bizarre infringement on personal autonomy by conservatives).

Here is that study:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1209074403.htm
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    GONE

I'm not sure who Marm was referring to but she probably is taking it less seriously than @yakimadude and myself. I'm trying to answer his questions here!!! Very serious stuff!!!

And ^^ interesting article. I think one aspect of being 'liberal' is that you have a higher 'openness' rating. So it makes sense that you'd follow the gaze more than someone who is conservative who is like 'i dun give a smuck whatchu lookin' at, i'm voting palin'. More conservative, less interested in change or understanding others/new info and more entrenched and self........emphasized? Bah, I'm running out of words.

Johari/Nohari